Cloth/Leather setup? 02/13/2010 02:29 PM CST
I want to wear cloth to learn a secondary armor with my leather without any mixing penalty. Are there any cloth pieces that don't suck? I want to wear just enough cloth to learn decently, don't want to sacrifice any more protection then I have too.

Advice?

Re: Cloth/Leather setup? 02/14/2010 06:14 AM CST
All cloth has the same appraisal. I think your best bet is to go with leather head (no cloth covers eyes), body, and hands, and cloth pants.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
http://tinyurl.com/HanryuTanning
Re: Cloth/Leather setup? 02/14/2010 07:06 AM CST
I went with cloth on the legs and leather elsewhere for a while til I realized cloth was useless until players can make a better quality. My legs were getting so torn up that I was spending too much time running to get healed. YMMV (This was on a newb character I was starting and I finally went with leather body with LC head and hands to help stop the stuns.)

Chris
Player of Mithyl
Re: Cloth/Leather setup? 02/14/2010 07:46 AM CST
although I did train up about 90 ranks of cloth before swithing over to leather, its at that point where critters start to hit hard enough to essentially make training cloth useless beyond that point. The low hindrance to stealth training-wise was useful though before i obtained stealth-enchancing spells by joining my guild of choice <surival-prime> however.

the world is broken
Re: Cloth/Leather setup? 02/14/2010 01:10 PM CST
Point Taken, I'll just stick with leather only decent cloth becomes available.

Re: Cloth/Leather setup? 02/14/2010 01:30 PM CST
>>Point Taken, I'll just stick with leather only decent cloth becomes available

at which point you will have to back train alot, I would mix now. I have no problems training it and surviving.

Vote DR as TOP MUD: http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-cemm.html
Re: Cloth/Leather setup? 02/14/2010 03:59 PM CST
<<I went with cloth on the legs and leather elsewhere for a while til I realized cloth was useless until players can make a better quality. My legs were getting so torn up that I was spending too much time running to get healed. YMMV >>

This is purely anecdotal, I switched from a full leather setup to full cloth set up (leather on eyes) and I've actually survived getting pounded on when in leathers I'd be dead. The impact stat on cloth armor is nothing to sniff at, since it seems most critters with natural attacks do impact damage.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Cloth/Leather setup? 03/05/2010 06:18 PM CST
Yamcer, whatcha using that just covers the eyes?
Re: Cloth/Leather setup? 03/05/2010 06:48 PM CST
Tanned leather mask. Just found it someplace don't even know if it all that good.

The fawn brown mask is leather armor.

The mask looks like it offers protection for the following areas:

right eye
left eye

You feel certain that a fawn brown mask appears to impose insignificant maneuvering hindrance and no stealth hindrance, offering:
moderate protection and fair damage absorption for puncture attacks.
fair protection and fair damage absorption for slice attacks.
fair protection and fair damage absorption for impact attacks.
low protection and fair damage absorption for fire attacks.
fair protection and fair damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate protection and fair damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing a fawn brown mask your maneuvering would be insignificantly hindered and your stealth would be insignificantly hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently minimally hindered and your stealth is minimally hindered.

You are certain that the fawn brown mask is fairly sturdy, and is in pristine condition.

The fawn brown mask is a bit flexible.
You wonder if the fawn brown mask might weigh a few stones.
You are certain that the fawn brown mask is worth exactly 577 dokoras.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Cloth/Leather setup? 03/08/2010 06:28 PM CST
Hmm, Thanks Yamcer I know of the thin leather mask, which I think app as cloth. I think I will have to look around for this one.