Re: Leather Armor for Eyes 06/10/2011 01:02 PM CDT
>>Kappa1971: I have a leather helm I want to wear but it only protects the head and neck, not the eyes. Is there any armor out there (pref. leather) that can be worn with the helm, to protect the eyes?

I don't think there are too many options for armor that just covers the eyes. (I couldn't find any in Hanryu's Armor, Shield and Weapon Compendium.)

Cowls cover the head, eyes, and neck. If you're looking for something store-bought, there are a Dwarven mining cowl at Shard's Survivalist Supplies and a Ratskin hood at Seli's Armory in Riverhaven.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Special:RunQuery/ArmorQuery

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!
Re: Leather Armor for Eyes 06/10/2011 01:17 PM CDT
I was hoping to find something that covers the eyes only, to piece together with the helm I want to wear (that does not cover the eyes).
Re: Leather Armor for Eyes 06/10/2011 01:24 PM CDT
I can't say for sure, but I think a tanned thin mask covers eyes only. You'd have to find a tanner to know for sure though.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR
Re: Leather Armor for Eyes 06/10/2011 03:04 PM CDT
> I can't say for sure, but I think a tanned thin mask covers eyes only. You'd have to find a tanner to know for sure though.

They do.
Armor 10/02/2009 11:09 PM CDT
I was wondering if anyone could please tell me when I should switch from perfect fire cats to storm bulls? I am armor tertiary and have 137 ranks of leather armor.. Thanks for any help.
Re: Armor 10/03/2009 07:16 AM CDT
>when I should switch from perfect fire cats to storm bulls? I am armor tertiary

Unless you're a thief, never. If you are a thief you're probably relying on evasion as primary defense so I don't think that extra hindrance is worth it. Then again I personally don't think the significant amount of extra hindrance from Stormbulls is at all worth the minimal increase in protection, but I mix armor types so hindrance is more obvious.

I expect that none of the above will be relevant if the armor/combat changes happen.

~Hunter Hanryu
http://drplat.com/CombatEquipmentCompendium.xls
Tolle says, "Yup yup, 'bout time. What the heck took you so long?"
Re: Armor 10/03/2009 07:25 AM CDT
in prime i have storm bulls for my thief and i have firecats for my necro-in-training <although i train all armor types on that character>. as i tried both out with my thief character i really don't see any significant hindrance on the stormbulls, but then i train shield as well as use LC gauntlets. And I do like the protection of storm bulls.

if you can afford 'em, by all means get 'em, but vault 'em til you have around 300 in leathers or so, thats where I started seeing significant difference.

The undead hordes would like to take this moment to remind you that they are quite happy to eat your brains so that you may test new depart.Please consider it.Hugs and kisses, Team Necro.
Re: Armor 10/03/2009 12:58 PM CDT
Thank you both..
Cloth Hand Armor 07/07/2010 07:00 PM CDT
Does cloth hand armor exist, and where might I be able to find some?

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Cloth Hand Armor 07/07/2010 07:09 PM CDT
>>Does cloth hand armor exist, and where might I be able to find some?

It was sold at a Premie shop and then at the Guilfest recently. You'll probably be able to find someone willing to sell some if you ask around.
Re: Cloth Hand Armor 07/07/2010 07:11 PM CDT
Critters drop some. Scavenger goblins and gremlins to name a couple off hand.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Cloth Hand Armor 07/07/2010 07:48 PM CDT
Awesome--I'll check out the plaza and/or scavengers to see if I can hunt one down next time I'm in mainlands. Thanks!

__
~Leilond
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Leilond
http://soundsoftime.bravehost.com
Re: Cloth Hand Armor 07/07/2010 08:06 PM CDT
Paladin shop on Ratha sell cloth and bone armor too.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Paladin%27s_Guild,_Emporium

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Cloth Hand Armor 07/07/2010 11:09 PM CDT
There was also some sold during the fest. Steelsilk and a few other types I believe. If you gweth around Crossing you're likely to find some

Grixlek says, "Courage is dangerous, it leads to attempts at heroics..."
Vegas asks, "What like dating?"
Grixlek says, "Nothing that dangerous I believe, but still crazy stuff."
Re: Cloth Hand Armor 07/12/2010 12:46 AM CDT
If memory serves, there is some cloth in/near the sea caves as well if you're premie.

How blessed are some people, whose lives have no fears, no dreads, to whom sleep is a blessing that comes nightly, and brings nothing but sweet dreams. -Bram Stoker's Dracula
Leather Armor 11/22/2010 08:59 AM CST
Any idea where these leathers fall in the spectrum these days? I think they are about two or three years old, but I can't remember where or from whom I got them. Thanks!

The azure-scaled leathers are leather armor.

The leathers look like they offer protection for the following areas:

right arm
left arm
right leg
left leg
chest
abdomen
back

You feel certain that some perfect azure-scaled leathers appear to impose high maneuvering hindrance and fair stealth hindrance, offering:
high protection and moderate damage absorption for puncture attacks.
high protection and moderate damage absorption for slice attacks.
high protection and moderate damage absorption for impact attacks.
low protection and moderate damage absorption for fire attacks.
fair protection and moderate damage absorption for cold attacks.
moderate protection and moderate damage absorption for electrical attacks.

If you were only wearing some perfect azure-scaled leathers your maneuvering would be minimally hindered and your stealth would be insignificantly hindered.
But considering all the armor and shields you are wearing or carrying, you are currently insignificantly hindered and your stealth is lightly hindered.

You are certain that the azure-scaled leathers are quite guarded against damage, and are in pristine condition.

The azure-scaled leathers are fairly soft.
The azure-scaled leathers has a bit of weight to it.
You are certain that the azure-scaled leathers are worth exactly 880 lirums.
Re: Leather Armor 11/22/2010 12:50 PM CST
They're good. Comparable to Gargoyle reinforced leathers. Better protection and a little more hindrance than Firecat reinforced leathers.
Leather Armor for Eyes 06/10/2011 07:48 AM CDT
I have a leather helm I want to wear but it only protects the head and neck, not the eyes. Is there any armor out there (pref. leather) that can be worn with the helm, to protect the eyes?