Brawling Development 02/07/2013 10:41 AM CST
Now that brawling has been trimmed down into it's own clear-cut niche, with some of its old maneuvers going into tactics, are there plans to develop brawling further? Particularly, will brawling gear be overhauled to make brawling an even better damage-dealing skill than it currently is?

"If swords ever cross, the Barbarian shall be the one left standing." - Guild Leader Agonar
Re: Brawling Development 02/09/2013 11:07 PM CST
> Particularly, will brawling gear be overhauled to make brawling an even better damage-dealing skill than it currently is?

Personally, I think damage dealt in brawling is good as it is. I make brawling a primary method of combat on all my characters and follow up with weapons they may have used as a primary instead as secondary. Properly equipped with gear, I see brawling as quite effective the way it is. :/
Re: Brawling Development 02/10/2013 01:21 AM CST
I would prefer to see the main focus off brawling to be side effects, stuns, knock downs, unbalancing attacks etc with some damage.

I dont think a weapon you cant be disarmed off, is always available etc should compare with actual weapons. That said it should be VIABLE and I'm not sure its not, unless something significantly at very high ranks. At 400 or so I train and kill just fine with my brawling.
Re: Brawling Development 02/10/2013 01:05 PM CST
>>I would prefer to see the main focus off brawling to be side effects, stuns, knock downs, unbalancing attacks etc with some damage.

Good idea. I like this.

>>I dont think a weapon you cant be disarmed off, is always available etc should compare with actual weapons. That said it should be VIABLE and I'm not sure its not, unless something significantly at very high ranks. At 400 or so I train and kill just fine with my brawling.

I am just kind of wondering if the brawling gear apps can be brought in line with the weapon apps, so there is no guesswork. For instance, brass knuckles are weapons, correct? It could even be cool to have some basic damage-dealing apps on hand armor. Also, it's a rarity to be disarmed of your weapon in this game, and should have no bearing on smashing someone's face in with spiked knuckles, knee spikes, etc. Goofing around with fists, HP sleeves, fest claws, and spiked knuckles, I am having a hard time determining if there is much of a benefit right now to the gear (I just used punch over and over to have a standard data point). 1212 brawling, if that helps any. With 1220 2HE, for instance, I can clearly see the benefit of a more damage-dealing sword--harder hits and faster kills. I really like brawling and don't want to see it just be some easy TDP farming skill.

"If swords ever cross, the Barbarian shall be the one left standing." - Guild Leader Agonar