return from sleep - need Crossbow advice 06/07/2017 06:38 PM CDT
I just came back from a long sleep, and I'm a cleric with a Crossbow that has 4 ranks of parry per circle still. Some things never change...grumble.

Anyway, I was wondering if anywhere in Elanthipedia or elsewhere people have the knowledge of the best crossbows and bolts out there?

I currently have a light white pine crossbow and some frog-crotch bolts. Is there a better plan? Do bolts or crossbows actually still have varying stats?

Thanks ahead of time.
Re: return from sleep - need Crossbow advice 06/07/2017 06:50 PM CDT
Player made crossbows and bolts are the way to go these days:
https://elanthipedia.play.net/Tinkering_products

lower roundtimes, better stats, harder hitting bolts.
Re: return from sleep - need Crossbow advice 06/07/2017 08:48 PM CDT
Not to take away from the prior advice (it's 100% true), I find if the character has access to a ranged buff, the big mean hard hitting arbalest or battle crossbow types are faaaaaantastic.

Samsaren
Re: return from sleep - need Crossbow advice 06/08/2017 09:48 AM CDT
>>Not to take away from the prior advice (it's 100% true), I find if the character has access to a ranged buff, the big mean hard hitting arbalest or battle crossbow types are faaaaaantastic.

Honestly, even if you don't have access to a ranged buff they're pretty great if you're not a Ranger or Barbarian(for dual load).

I would take a big heavy arbalest over any bow for my Paladin and Cleric.
Re: return from sleep - need Crossbow advice 06/08/2017 05:03 PM CDT
+1 for arbalests training and damage wise.

You slap Voldag hard in the face with your hand, making a nice crisp smack!! That's going to leave a mark!