Suggestion for Bow Making 06/18/2015 06:40 PM CDT
Kodius,

Thanks for all of your hard work and quick response on bow making.

One suggestion I would like to make though. Could we have a varnish or oil made available instead of a stain for the last step of bow making?

Some woods are really to pretty to stain IMO. And a varnish or oil finish would protect the wood but let the beauty of the wood still show.

Sorry my family is a lot of carpenters so I know a bit about how woods look. Things like Rosewood, Ebony, Maple, Mahogany, Walnut look better with a varnish or an oil finish on them instead of a stain IMO.

I'd personally like it to we could either/or that way it could be up to the bow maker to make a decision of what he thinks is better.

If you can't do this I certainly understand, just an idea.

Bluefalcon
Re: Suggestion for Bow Making 06/19/2015 12:21 AM CDT
Sure. Please make sure the suggestion gets added to the Wiki so I don't lose track of it.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Suggestion for Bow Making 06/19/2015 02:39 PM CDT
Ok Troops. I'm old and dumb and have never dine any thing with a Wiki. How do I add my suggestion to Kodius to Elanthapedia so he can find it again when he has time? I didn't see a section for suggestions, should I just put it on the page for the stain under tools?

Bluefalcon
Re: Suggestion for Bow Making 06/19/2015 02:46 PM CDT
We've got a crafting feedback page set up. Go down to Suggestions-Engineering and add it there.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Crafting_feedback
Re: Suggestion for Bow Making 06/19/2015 03:55 PM CDT

Thanks a Lot.

Bluefalcon