Bows - Suitedness and Draw Strength 06/17/2015 09:32 PM CDT
How do these relate? I'm wondering in what situation one would make use of high suitedness but low draw strength or vice versa?

Am I right in this;

Balance - agility
Suitedness - strength
Draw strength - streeeeeeeength?

Also, do old Hunters bows still have a stealth bonus?
Re: Bows - Suitedness and Draw Strength 06/18/2015 12:36 AM CDT
Draw Strength = Load Time
Suitedness = Damage Modifier
Balance = To-Hit/Agility Modifier

Lower Draw strength improves balance and reduces round time, but decreases suitedness
Higher Draw strength reduces balance and increases round time, with an increase in suitedness

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: Bows - Suitedness and Draw Strength 06/18/2015 12:41 AM CDT
> Suitedness = Damage Modifier

Does the archer's strength play a role here?
Re: Bows - Suitedness and Draw Strength 06/18/2015 06:36 AM CDT
>> I'm wondering in what situation one would make use of high suitedness but low draw strength or vice versa?

I haven't tested every template yet, but templates are set up so that high suited bows have high draw strengths while high balanced bows have low draw strength. I don't think you will be able to make a bow that is heavy suited with extra low draw strength, but there is middle ground.
Re: Bows - Suitedness and Draw Strength 06/18/2015 06:37 AM CDT
Double post.

>>Does the archer's strength play a role here?

Unless something changed from Test, yes it does.
Re: Bows - Suitedness and Draw Strength 06/18/2015 07:49 AM CDT
Gotcha, thanks.

Do Hunters Bows have a stealth bonus? Basically, the new bow I had made has a point better balance and the same draw strength/suitedness as my old Hunters bow, and I'm wondering if it's better than the Hunters bow.
Re: Bows - Suitedness and Draw Strength 06/18/2015 10:27 AM CDT
>>Do Hunters Bows have a stealth bonus? Basically, the new bow I had made has a point better balance and the same draw strength/suitedness as my old Hunters bow, and I'm wondering if it's better than the Hunters bow.

The snipe/poach bonus should still be intact on the old bows, but from Kodius's words the buff from them is miniscule and would be hard to notice.

As for how they compare I don't have any numbers for, but from talking to other players the old capped longbows still hold their own against the new common wood bows. So it just depends on which one you like better.
Re: Bows - Suitedness and Draw Strength 06/18/2015 10:48 AM CDT

Good to know about the stealth bonus.

I had a capped ebony hunters longbow, and a friend just made a maple foresters longbow. The foresters longbow has a point better on balance and identical suitedness and draw strength. So, that's a nice improvement if the stealth bonus from the hunters is marginal.
Re: Bows - Suitedness and Draw Strength 06/18/2015 11:03 AM CDT
I will add that the old crafted longbows are listed at a low draw strength when they should actually be average. The load times on them are not changed, and should be the normal 3/4 as before. The forester's longbow is actually a reduced load time template, so it does have a quicker load time over the hunter's.