Prev_page Previous 1 3
[TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 11:14 AM CDT

So! I'm liking the bow changes so far. I think though that there are a few things that are a bit too overpowered. I'm using the battle longbow and the ice-adder arrows and soot-stained arrows and that combination w/dual load is dropping people down from 100% to 10-20% vit with one fully aimed shot. No debuffs or anything. Using my regular arrows, drake arrows, and some of the other arrows though.. they seem to be working correctly.

Basically, it seems the arrows that deal elemental damage are OP. The "random" attack might be happening every single time?

> fire

The spectral grey fog shrouding Uritel churns rapidly!
Uritel's silver glow flares.
< You fire a soot-stained arrow at Uritel. Uritel barely fails to block with targe.
The arrow lands an earth-shaking strike (14/22) that painfully mashes several toes of the left foot.

The soot-stained arrow lodges itself shallowly into Uritel!
[You're nimbly balanced and in good position.]
< You fire a soot-stained arrow at Uritel. Uritel barely fails to block with targe.
The arrow lands a demolishing hit (15/22) that drives the kneecap clean off the left knee and savages the surrounding ligaments, stunning him.

The soot-stained arrow lodges itself deeply into Uritel!
[You're nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

> fire

< You fire an ice-adder arrow at Uritel. Uritel barely fails to block with targe.
The arrow lands a demolishing hit (15/22) that thumps painfully on the toes of the left foot.

The ice-adder arrow lodges itself shallowly into Uritel!
[You're nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
< You fire an ice-adder arrow at Uritel. Uritel attempts to dodge.
The arrow lands an earth-shaking strike (14/22) that freezes the entire left thigh and sends spidery cracks throughout, stunning him.

The ice-adder arrow lodges itself shallowly into Uritel!
[You're nimbly balanced and in dominating position.]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

> fire

< You fire an ice-adder arrow at Caidie. Caidie fails to dodge.
The arrow lands a devastating hit (17/22) that rips into the right calf, lightly stunning her.

The ice-adder arrow lodges itself shallowly into Caidie!
[You're nimbly balanced and in strong position.]
< You fire an ice-adder arrow at Caidie. Caidie attempts to evade.
The arrow lands a spine-rattling strike (16/22) that rips through muscle and organs, cutting the foe cleanly in half.

The ice-adder arrow lodges itself deeply into Caidie!

* Caidie is slain before your eyes!
[You're nimbly balanced]
[Roundtime 1 sec.]

All of these were one dual loaded shots with HEALME in between. No roars going. Bow skill is within "range" of evasion and shield.. fifty rank difference at most.

I figured I'd test a couple other things as well for comparison. Crossbow at less ranks than bow, but still within fifty ranks of shield and evasion is able to connect with strong hits. I tested with TM, and TM with 200+ ranks more than shield and evasion missed or was blocked every single time.

So, bow seems stronger than before, and OP with those elemental arrows. Even with Manifest force up, I'm landing extremely heavy (9/22) hits.

Based on current systems and future development with ward barriers, plus my testing with TM and the huge disparity of ranks (in the favor of TM), I'm thinking bow might need to be tweaked some more.. or other systems brought up in line with the bow rewrite.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 11:45 AM CDT

I also think that short bow aim time should be reduced as well. In comparison damage wise, the three sec difference (5 sec vs 2 sec) from longbow to shortbow isn't enough to make shortbow a viable option. I'm just as accurate with longbow vs shortbow but the damage difference is HUGE. Like.. massive/apoc stunning hits vs good/heavy no-stun hits.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 11:50 AM CDT
First this probably belongs in the Lore folder under Shaping.

Second there have been no combat balancing/changes done in Test regarding bows, so everything that's in Test should be what you see in Prime. As to that Kodius moved testing of new bows to Plat so I don't think he's making any more changes in the Test instance, though I'm sure he'd like to hear what you have to say.

As to the OPness of elemental damage arrows, most players wear armor with almost no elemental protection. So seeing them do more damage against players isn't surprising.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 12:16 PM CDT

Probably right about the shaping. I was torn on where to go with it.. I figured a GM could move it where necessary.

Fair point about the elemental damage part, but in turn, even with other weapons that have dealt elemental damage (or spells), the amount of damage difference hasn't been quite this large.

RE: Prime vs Test.. odd results then maybe, but I've tried shooting my own characters before (recently) and it hadn't been nearly this successful. But I get where you're going with that.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 12:26 PM CDT
>>RE: Prime vs Test.. odd results then maybe, but I've tried shooting my own characters before (recently) and it hadn't been nearly this successful. But I get where you're going with that.

Yea, there is oddities in Test, but that is the answer Kodius gave every time one is brought up. I think we'll have to wait till it hits Prime to really test new bows in combat, unless Kodius loves torture and updates Test and Plat at the same time.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 12:58 PM CDT
>>First this probably belongs in the Lore folder under Shaping.

This section also works, because the testing is primarily for the bows themselves.

>>Second there have been no combat balancing/changes done in Test regarding bows, so everything that's in Test should be what you see in Prime. As to that Kodius moved testing of new bows to Plat so I don't think he's making any more changes in the Test instance, though I'm sure he'd like to hear what you have to say.

Kodius rolled all the current bow and shaping stuff into Test last night. Prime does not have any of it yet. If there were any changes since his roll to DRX, they are present in DRT right now.

He did this at my request and I tweeted to get some more testers into DRT to check out bow damage and related stats. :)

>>Yea, there is oddities in Test,

We're working on getting an actual refresh, because DRT is rather old except for a few things that have been rolled over specifically for testing purposes.

Hope this clears things up.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 01:08 PM CDT
>>He did this at my request and I tweeted to get some more testers into DRT to check out bow damage and related stats

Thank you.. Now here is what I think..

Shortbows just seem to not hit hard enough vs longbow Even taking into consideration they aren't supposed too.

The damage dealt is INSANE either way.. a barb or ranger could realistically kill someone in two shots. Please..don't over undo it..Id love to two shot someone with my bow..however I'd hate to be two shotted with someone elses ;) Happy medium maybe??

Also ..the ability to use bow seems crazy borked after you take damage? Like two solid hits..then whiffing? This seems extreme.

Thought there was a huge difference in arrows but I will have to retest based on injuries I think as these really do cause a bit of a problem.

Thanks for the fun..
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 02:43 PM CDT
>> Comments

Are people testing with new or old bows?

Old shortbows could have less power than new shortbow templates, and likely be underpowered. Also keep in mind I tried to make drawstrength proportional to damage done. Full target also gives a damage bonus in case you were wondering.

>> Elemental damage

Arrows apply 100% of all damage types, so there isn't really an "affinity" like there is with melee weapons. This may be causing issues due to armor elemental resistances. Might need to nerf the elemental templates a bit.

Are the defensive player targets wearing armor? Barriers? For many years I've been bugged that bow damage is too low, and that possibly led to me overpowering the longer RT load variants.

>> Comparison

It would be good to give a comparison of close ranks. 2HE SLICE does x%. HT LOB does y%. HT HURL does z%, etc.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 02:47 PM CDT
>>He did this at my request and I tweeted to get some more testers into DRT to check out bow damage and related stats. :)

Missed that tweet. Cool, I'll jump in and play with it. Sorry about any confusion.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 03:15 PM CDT
It's not a new bow so I don't know if old bows convert over there although the appraisal suggests they do but I was using a khorv'vela mahil shortbow and I was getting shots off without RT about 1 in every 10 shots or so in Test (the other 9ish shots had RT attached).

You tap a khor'vela mahil that you are holding.
>app mahil
A khor'vela mahil is a short bow type weapon.
A khor'vela mahil trains the bow skill.

The khor'vela mahil is reasonably designed for improving the force of your attacks.

You are certain that the mahil is reasonably balanced and is fairly suited for adding attack power from its draw strength.
The mahil appears set for a draw strength that is average for a bow of this type.
The mahil does not appear to have an adjustable draw strength.

You are certain that the khor'vela mahil is appreciably susceptible to damage, and is in pristine condition.

It appears that the khor'vela mahil can be slung over one shoulder.
You are certain that the khor'vela mahil weighs exactly 20 stones.
You are certain that the khor'vela mahil is worth exactly 112 Kronars.
Roundtime: 8 seconds.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 03:33 PM CDT
>>Missed that tweet. Cool, I'll jump in and play with it. Sorry about any confusion.

Quite okay! It was from @Naohhi, not @DragonRealms.

There are arrows and tier 4 bows on a barrel in Crossing, Midton Circle in Test. Feel free to grab them and some arrows.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 04:17 PM CDT
>>Are people testing with new or old bows?

We used the new bows and new arrows. One longbow and one battle shortbow.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 04:20 PM CDT

>>Are the defensive player targets wearing armor? Barriers? For many years I've been bugged that bow damage is too low, and that possibly led to me overpowering the longer RT load variants.

Sorry missed this.. Yes to armor and no to defensive buffs I personally had up eagle and bear.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 08:02 PM CDT

>>Are the defensive player targets wearing armor? Barriers?

Yup, full armor (damite mail, diamond hide shield), with Ghost Shroud running and MPP. Even had a couple shots with MAF up and the dual loaded shots were between heavy and extremely heavy right from the get go. This was with the battle longbow, full aim, with soot (fire) and ice adder arrows. Drake head arrows were still pretty decent, but not obliterating barriers. One dual load, on average, was dropping my target (as described above and previously) down anywhere from 50% of their health all the way down to 15%. Shooting Caidie with fully aimed dual loaded shot resulted in two deaths (with heal me in between), and Naohhi died once. She wasn't buffed up though.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 09:25 PM CDT
<< One dual load, on average, was dropping my target (as described above and previously) down anywhere from 50% of their health all the way down to 15%. Shooting Caidie with fully aimed dual loaded shot resulted in two deaths (with heal me in between), and Naohhi died once. She wasn't buffed up >>

Oh man, that seems bit much to me too. And I'm a ranger with ranged as primary. Hope big K has time to look at that soon.

Bluefalcon
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 09:51 PM CDT
Dual load is a big problem right now. It offers too large a DPS advantage for Guilds that have it. I am considering dropping the damage of the second arrow more, or adding a cooldown and increasing bow damage to compensate.

I don't see how players are dying from a single dual shot unless the Overkill mechanics are coming into effect. What is your bow skill versus the targets' defenses?

>>but I was using a khorv'vela mahil shortbow and I was getting shots off without RT

No RT at all? I'm not familiar with this shortbow. What is its standard load time? Old bows should still be using old rules and have old RTs....

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 10:02 PM CDT

>>I don't see how players are dying from a single dual shot unless the Overkill mechanics are coming into effect. What is your bow skill versus the targets' defenses?

Just tested against a thief (with appropriate thief buffs).. barb w/875 bow & eagle vs a fully healed thief with 1100 evasion and.. I forget the shield, but I think 800-900. Took him out in one dual load with battle longbow and drake fangs. Their view of it:

Drunstan fires a drake-fang arrow at you. You barely fail to block with targe. The arrow lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that deeply rends a smoldering wound into the right bicep, lightly stunning you.
The drake-fang arrow lodges itself shallowly into you!
[You're smashed up, solidly balanced with no advantage.]
* Drunstan fires a drake-fang arrow at you. You attempt to dodge. The arrow lands an apocalyptic strike (So that's what it felt like when Grazhir shattered!) that shatters every bone in the left arm, ripping it from its socket.
That would have stuck if there was anything left to stick to!
The drake-fang arrow falls to the ground!
* XXX was just struck down!
Your death cry echoes in your brain as it quickly dawns on you that you have just died! Already, you feel the tug of eternity upon your soul and you struggle to remain tied to this world.

A chill takes the seat of your soul as your remaining spiritual strength bleeds away steadily. However, you are comforted that you have curried the favor of your god, which will greatly improve the course of your resurrection or reincarnation.

Your body will decay beyond its ability to hold your soul in 140 minutes.
You don't feel particularly confident after this.
A panicked scream pierces the air. "Murderer!" You notice the nearby citizenry staring at Drunstan briefly, before most quickly run off in fear.
[You're somewhat off balance]
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/11/2015 10:56 PM CDT
>No RT at all? I'm not familiar with this shortbow. What is its standard load time? Old bows should still be using old rules and have old RTs....

I think the khor'vela mahil came from the old Taisidon quest. It's a standard 2/3 load shortbow. I went back into Test just now and tried to replicate it without any luck. Every attack had RT attached this time.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 12:01 AM CDT
Oh, so it was the attacks not having RTs. Yeah I don't know what to say about that.

Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 02:29 AM CDT
Tonight I have been working for hours on the bow numbers in Test. Here are results with the new tweaks I've done:

Defender - 500 defenses, medium shield, Tier 5 chain armor (100 all stats)

Attacker - 500 bow, capped eagle form, full target, Tier 5 bows and basilisk arrows (100 all stats)

Shortbow - 11.0% damage on average
Longbow - 13.5% damage on average
Compbow - 14.9% damage on average

Attacker - 600 bow, capped eagle form, full target, Tier 5 bow and basilisk arrows

Shortbow - 13.2% damage on average
Longbow - 15.8% damage on average
Compbow - 17.0% damage on average

At a glance this doesn't look too bad. Composite bows pack a punch, but it is a case of diminishing returns for the increased RTs. Factor in barriers and better armor, and it drops even further.

I'll look at elemental damage tomorrow. I agree those arrows are doing inflated damage. For now I'd test with the physical arrows when possible.

I toned down the damage from dual load's second arrow a bit. In 2.0 it was always considered a "snap shot". In 3.0 it changed to being a fully targeted shot, which seems a bit overpowered given these new bow damage calcs.

This is all live in Test and in Plat. Please let me know what you think!

Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 04:26 AM CDT
Looking at all this data is interesting to me. Part of me is thinking a majority of this damage is coming from the elemental damage compounding on things. Because my experience shooting the new bows against drakes a while back were very different. And I was barely able to get any damage on them at all. Unless things have been adjusted since then. I haven't tested things recently, or used the new arrows yet.

~Van
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 05:05 AM CDT
Thanks for the tweaks Kodius, bow damaged seemed a smidge high last I looked, will try again.

Samsaren
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 06:21 AM CDT
>>I toned down the damage from dual load's second arrow a bit.

My concern here is the inconsistency I was seeing with dual load. One firing, I'd completely whiff, the next I'd hit hard on both. The second thing is, I'd miss on the first arrow and hit hard on the second. I know as bow stands now, I don't get that much inconsistency with firing and not sure which way is intended. If you toned down the second ..then the missing completely will really stink.

For reference.. battle shortbow ice adder arrows and eagle form over 900 bow on my test barb (skills aren't updated over there.) and full on all shots.

PS yay roars are great over there.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 06:34 AM CDT
After running through several old and new bows in each category in adult dillos, I think PvE feels pretty good. The strongest bows (battle comp/long/short) were averaging 3-5 hits per kill while the reduced RT bows were between 5-9 hits per kill. There were a lot of bows that fell in between those two sets of numbers, too. As Kodius mentioned in a previous post somewhere reduced load short bows lose out. I think they will have a niche, but they will not be popular.

Just some info about skills/stats:
723 Bow
80 Agility
70 Strength
Old capped basilisk arrows (I need to make more new arrows)
No buffs

I haven't tried any PvP yet, I hope there are some willing people later today.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 06:42 AM CDT
Big thank you to all the testers we saw yesterday. :)

Hope to see some more of you checking out stuff today. We'll make sure there's some non-elemental (still new) arrows stocked on the barrel for testing.

---
NaOH+HI
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 10:14 AM CDT

>>Hope to see some more of you checking out stuff today

Any chance in the future you could email the CL list as well. Some of us are anti-twitter:P
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 05:43 PM CDT
Just curious if test and plat are synced? I'm seeing a massive drop off in damage today from just last night.

DPS on a new ash competition short bow with capped elsralael arrows = one half of melee weapons. It's taking me 40 seconds (dual load, full aim) to take out elder dillos where it took 6 seconds under the old system (which I agree was too low).
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 08:34 PM CDT
>>My concern here is the inconsistency I was seeing with dual load. One firing, I'd completely whiff, the next I'd hit hard on both. The second thing is, I'd miss on the first arrow and hit hard on the second. I know as bow stands now, I don't get that much inconsistency with firing and not sure which way is intended. If you toned down the second ..then the missing completely will really stink.

The second arrow has an identical chance to hit as the first arrow. I did nothing to touch its accuracy.

Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 08:37 PM CDT
A competition shortbow is unlikely to be very effective against the heavy plate armor of dillos. You might try with a heavier bow and see if you get better results.

Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 08:42 PM CDT
I just realized that the Test Sync removed all the forest areas. Those take many hours to add back in, so I will not be able to continue with any more Shaping or Arrow testing at this time :(

Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 08:57 PM CDT
I'll have to pop over to Test again and try some more of the PvE stuff. Last time I was there, it took me like 20 or so arrows to bring down a drake. Which was nearly 2x more than what it probably should have taken, according to damage balanced on Prime.

While I agree that damage levels may always have the potential to exceed a fair level, keep in mind what people are using as their control scenario. At some point, yes, you are definitely going to see huge damage potentials. Especially if you are using the most powerful bow, made from the absolute best wood, with the most powerful arrows, compounded with elemental bonuses, with an eternity of aiming time. Let alone any buffs or whatever you throw on top of things. You are stacking so much, and then being baffled by the results. If things get balanced to compensate the scale of damage, using this absolute most damage scenario as the 0 point, standard expected damage, then everything else will just seem completely underpowered, and pointless to use. I feel like DR already has enough of this, if it's not the absolute most epic weapon evar then it is unusable garbage, mentality.

~Van
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 09:42 PM CDT
<<A competition shortbow is unlikely to be very effective against the heavy plate armor of dillos. You might try with a heavier bow and see if you get better results.>>

So you're saying shortbow is no longer an option against armored opponents? So far the change amounts to a pretty significant downtweak for bows across the board, which is disappointing relative to their performance vs. tm. At this point I'd be all for your idea of ditching dual load in exchange for increased damage across the board for single shots.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 10:04 PM CDT
I am asking you to test with harder-hitting bows to get a better overall picture.

You may also be confusing the changes to dual load with changes to shortbows.

Comparing to TM is not a good approach here. TM will usually edge out bows because they require mana. The counter to this is players can use TM and bows/claymores simultaneously and double up on damage. I don't have a good solution to this yet - and Dual Load may not be it.

When TM Foci come out my hope is they will result in similar balances and adjustments to TM. Fixing the overpowered stuff and boosting the underpowered stuff.

Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 10:05 PM CDT
>>I'll have to pop over to Test again and try some more of the PvE stuff. Last time I was there, it took me like 20 or so arrows to bring down a drake. Which was nearly 2x more than what it probably should have taken, according to damage balanced on Prime.

What kind of bow and arrows? How long would it take you to kill it using heavy thrown or a broadsword?

Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 10:16 PM CDT
<<Comparing to TM is not a good approach here. TM will usually edge out bows because they require mana.>>

It's not a real cost when mana limits don't really push you to stop casting regularly. I don't mind the whole TM and weapons parity thing we were sold on back when 3.0 was put in, but now it seems like staff is willing to accept the tacit notion that TM will be the most efficient damage dealer in the game; that's a far cry from parity.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/12/2015 10:22 PM CDT
What were the test conditions under which TM was outperforming your bow skills?

On an elite goblin of comparable skill I was seeing 125 damage per hit with my shortbow, and 95 with air lash (likely due to their armor being slash resistant), 120 with fireball and 120 with stone strike (which has a longer aim time but also lodges a bunch of hurtful stuff in you).

This was draining my mana down 15% per cast, so I'd be out of mana after killing a few critters.

If I harness/use cambrinth then I am subject to more RT. My DPS drops compared to bows.

I'm just not seeing the problem yet, and welcome some clarification.

Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/13/2015 01:13 AM CDT
Since I can't find the test I posted a while ago with the highest Moon Mages in plat, the highest Nekro in plat was kind enough to jot down a few numbers for me.

Nekro - 91 disc, 80 Intel/Wisdom, 814 TM.

Barb - 100 strength, 90 agility, 973 Bow.

Numbers are simply from 20 young Wyverns per test. Vivi was the spell used for TM, all casts were full target. The short bow used was an ash competition, the comp bow was a hickory double-backed bow, all shots were full aim. Arrows were capped elsralael.

Casting vivi at 30 mana the nekro averaged 4.7 casts to kill, at a 56.4 second average per kill.

Casting vivi at 40 mana the nekro averaged 3.85 casts to kill, at 46.2 seconds average per kill.

Casting vivi at 50 mana (mid point of the spell range) 3.54 casts to kill, 42.54 seconds average per kill.

Using Short bow - 5.68 shots to kill, 47.4 seconds average per kill.

Using Comp bow - 3.9 shots to kill, 46.9 seconds average per kill.

Considering mid-point casting is supposed to be comparable to bow damage, the stat and rank disparity (160 ranks), I think the numbers point to the superiority of TM. Doesn't this show there's room to boost bow damage across the board?
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/13/2015 06:45 AM CDT
<<What kind of bow and arrows? How long would it take you to kill it using heavy thrown or a broadsword?>>

My post along with logs and organized tables are in the Responses folder in the Lore category. But essentially, at the time, I was pointing out how much less effective the new bows were compared to the old ones on the old system. I used a master crafted Competition Longbow, and a Hirdu Bow, both on Test. And both were outperformed by a generic, store bought longbow used on Prime.

I did not compare them to melee attacks. I guess first of all I see these being too different to fully compare. Secondly, the disparity of my skills would not enable a very easy or fair comparison. I was mostly just noting the difference that the new system had, as compared to the current one we're in now. And despite the appraisals or their values, they just fell short in actual performance when juxtapose to the performance general bows have in Prime.

However, this was a while back, when the system was just being created. I don't know if things have changed, or some mechanics were broken or not in place yet. Or if you had rewrote anything. But it does seem like people are getting much different results today, in comparison to when I did.

<<A competition shortbow is unlikely to be very effective against the heavy plate armor of dillos.>>

Are you seeing bows as having their different niches of specialty(accuracy vs. speed vs. power)? This was kind of how I viewed melee weapons(LE/ME/HE/2HE) used to be in 2.0 and such. Or are the simply a progression towards using the "best" bow. Where eventually everyone will just want to use composite battle bows?

Also, is there really a distinction between accuracy and power? I always really felt like this didn't really exist, and everything just got rolled up into a singular OF factor.

~Van
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/13/2015 09:57 AM CDT
>>A competition shortbow is unlikely to be very effective against the heavy plate armor of dillos. You might try with a heavier bow and see if you get better results. <<

I haven't tried this on test yet, but I may have to since I'm bows primary. My concern for short bows is this. If high end short bows aren't effective against heavy armor, why would I use one? Even if it is a little faster, I'd probably still use a longbow and get much better punch against all targets. PvP I'd use it to try and get a stun in, PvE I'd use it to kill faster. Unless the RT is drastically different between the two bow types, I'm not going to worry about a 1-2 second difference in load times. The only reason I'm not using a comp bow in prime is that they aren't craftable so they have much weaker hits than a capped longbow.
Re: [TEST] Bow changes 05/13/2015 12:32 PM CDT
>>I just realized that the Test Sync removed all the forest areas. Those take many hours to add back in, so I will not be able to continue with any more Shaping or Arrow testing at this time :(

Is it possible just add hickory, maple and cherry lumber for sale in test? That would cover all bow types.

Uzmam! The Chairman will NOT be pleased to know you're trying to build outside of approved zones. I'd hate for you to be charged the taxes needed to have this place re-zoned. Head for the manor if you're feeling creative.
Prev_page Previous 1 3