Capped arrows 01/08/2015 08:24 AM CST

Trying to find out what exactly that term means?

Is it any arrow which appraises at 1000 kronars?

Is there a certain damage model criteria that needs to be met?
Re: Capped arrows 01/08/2015 11:28 AM CST
>>Is it any arrow which appraises at 1000 kronars?

This has always been my understanding of what determines if an arrow is capped or not.
Re: Capped arrows 01/08/2015 11:29 PM CST
Capped arrows app at heavy/fair/moderate on damage stats.. or at least did, once upon a time (might be very heavy on puncture now, don't recall without logging in to check). Values aren't ALWAYS in line (I think mainly because people would use different materials [read: woods] to make them) -- the main thing to capping arrows is to be able to pound the arrowheads out properly; wood ultimately doesn't matter as long as you don't make fletching mistakes (flights out of alignment, etc).

Segmere Freat
Re: Capped arrows 01/10/2015 05:26 AM CST
As you increase in skill, variables in the final arrow product will increase. These include the damage properties, and the value. At a certain point, they will cease to grow any further. This is a capped arrow. Today, those figures equate to a heavy/fair/moderate damage stats, and 1000 kronars in value.

However, there are people who sell arrows that have the damage properties, but appraise for less value. Technically this is not a capped arrow, but it is however, capped as far as damage is generally concerned. I don't know if there are minute differences unrecognizable by a typical appraisal between one of full value or not. This is sometimes a topic of debate. But in most aspects that can be perceived, the arrows are essentially at max damage.

Arrowheads determine the overall damage potential of an arrow. The shafts and materials were once considered a factor, but I believe that system got scrapped at some point. So thus today they really don't make much effect other than contribution to value.

~Van
Re: Capped arrows 01/13/2015 12:33 PM CST
Chiming in a tad late here, but I can clarify a bit. (As someone that makes dozens of arrows a day)

Arrow fletching has 2 caps: a 'damage' cap, and an 'appraisal' cap. Since the person that makes the arrowheads does not necessarily have to fletch the final arrow, these are two separate things.

'Damage' cap is determined solely by the arrowhead. Be it storebought, or pounded hele'la/drake/basilisk.

'Appraisal' cap is determined by the actual fletching of the individual arrow. This caps out at 1000 kronar.

What does this mean?

A noob can fletch a capped arrowhead onto a pine shaft, it will be 'damage' capped, but also have a terrible monetary appraisal.
You can take a capped arrowhead, mess up a step on the shaft, and have an arrow that appraises at 1 kronar.
Both will still be 'damage' capped, but performance will be far inferior to arrows that are also 'appraisal' capped.

Somewhere around there is a spreadsheet tracking damage of damage/appraisal capped arrows, and arrows that are damage capped but NOT appraisal capped. There is a noticeable difference. (I think the test was with 500/960 appraisal)

Let me be clear: without any doubt, there is a noticeable, statistically significant, above the margin of error difference between arrows with vastly different monetary appraisals.

If someone has the link to that spreadsheet it would be awesome to share it here.

Of course this is also a sliding scale. I'm not trying to say an 960 appraisal arrow or something is trash. In fact, for half of the in-game year, that's about all you'll get since mistwood/bloodwood cap a bit under 1000, and still work very well.

Scholars write history in books; Warriors write it in blood.