Training Bows. 03/05/2014 11:02 PM CST
I've just recently returned and am picking up Bows on my Barbarian. I haven't trained bows since like 2002 because they were always a pain in the butt since all my characters were shield heavy(I've only periodically played since arm worn shields). Since 3.0, what is the best type of bow to use to train? The Nisha short bow used to rock for SB because of its rapid fire capabilities, but I've read that the RT greatly factors into bow training now.

Should I pick up a nice player crafted longbow with a longer RT, or does it really just not matter too much and stick with the Nisha bow that I already have?
Re: Training Bows. 03/07/2014 10:17 AM CST
Nisha's short bow is still a great bow for training in 3.0 because of the short load time and how rapidly you can fire arrows. I think others did some testing and found that aiming just long enough to hit with Bow's yielded the quickest experience, but you would want to fully aim Crossbows due to the long load chance. I don't remember who did the testing, but give it a shot and test between full aims and snaps over the course of a few minutes per test. See which one yields the best long term experience.
Re: Training Bows. 03/07/2014 08:18 PM CST

As a barbarian I really like training bows. Before I got Dual Load it took me about 12 minutes to ML the skill, but I trained other skills while aiming, like appraise and hiding. Now with Dual loading it only takes about 6 minutes to ML and kills at level hunting quickly. To use Dual Loading you will need Eagle form and the syntax is "load arrows" I could find nothing in game to tell me this.
Re: Training Bows. 03/11/2014 09:58 PM CDT

Let me digress- THE Ivjames?

If you have just come back, welcome back.

If not- my bad

Flavius
Re: Training Bows. 03/13/2014 05:05 AM CDT

Thanks Flavius, yes recently back. Still preaching to the heathens?