disappearing arrows 09/04/2013 09:11 PM CDT
The last three days, I've been having my arrows disappear in Stompers at Boar Clan. Usually I kill a stomper in two or three arrows, and immediately loot it and pick up the arrows and put them in my situla (something I liberated at the museum). I stalk the stomper while I snipe. The last few days, I put the arrows in my situla, but they have just disappeared. I started out with 23 arrows and got down to 14 in no time. Yesterday, I was very aware. I counted the 14 when I went in. I had a bunch of colored arrows in my situla behind the basilisk arrows I was using. I hunted as usual...stalking, sniping, picking up the arrows and putting them away...loading again, etc. Suddenly I was loading the colored arrows. The basilisk arrows were gone...all 14 of them! I did assist and we bugged it. I was wondering if anyone else had a similar problem. So far, I haven't seen anyone else hunt with arrows in stompers.
Daawnn
Re: disappearing arrows 09/04/2013 10:46 PM CDT
Only had that problem when sniping at ranged since they leave the room.
Re: disappearing arrows 09/04/2013 10:59 PM CDT
If you're hiding and shooting arrows, then the default explanation will be that you probably shot creatures that walked away after you hid, which will cause your arrows to disappear if the creature despawns

I'm not certain if that's your problem or not, but you won't get very far with any assists or reports unless you can prove that this didn't happen, since it is very common

Apu
_
Respect. Integrity. World Domination.
https://sites.google.com/site/apucorpdr/
Re: disappearing arrows 09/05/2013 06:05 AM CDT
Looks like I'll get a new batch of arrows ready fer ya. I'll send them to yas.

Rehlyn

A Maelshyvean shadow beast slows long enough to deeply inhale some of the swirling shadows surrounding it. After a moment, it sighs with great releif and blackness oozes from its ears and nostrils.
Re: disappearing arrows 09/05/2013 09:23 AM CDT
<<I'm not certain if that's your problem or not, but you won't get very far with any assists or reports unless you can prove that this didn't happen, since it is very common

Yeah, whatever reason is causing the arrow loss is tough to figure out (as a player or GM) without a log of some sort. So if you notice it happening again, could you post a snippet and maybe we could help trouble shoot.

Nikpack
Re: disappearing arrows 09/09/2013 07:38 PM CDT
Thanks for all the helpful responses...especially yours, Rehlyn. (Hugs) I tried to replicate the situation when I was in Stompers on Friday and darned if it would happen. Either it was a bug and is now fixed, or it was a case of "a watched pot never boils". I'll check it again next time I'm in there.
Daawnn
Re: disappearing arrows 10/08/2013 08:27 PM CDT
Critters do tend to wander off if you are unengaged and hidden. This is not only realistic, but necessary so spawn can travel around an area. Unfortunately they can lead to lost ammo or thrown weapons. I'll see how possible it may to put a short timer after something has been shot so it doesn't immediately leave the room. For ranged ammo I am not as concerned because replacing it seems more a normal part of adventuring. Thrown weapons not so much.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: disappearing arrows 10/08/2013 09:02 PM CDT
Taking at look would be appreciated Kodius, I know its an issue thats frustrated the ranged users of the community for...well forever.

Samsaren
Re: disappearing arrows 10/22/2013 10:57 PM CDT
can we just remove ammunition as items and let them just be infinite. I'm not sure how feasible it would be.

example, ammunition would just be "some arrows" that you can always load/unload into.

when an arrow is used on a target, it would just break after being tended out, or break on a miss.

- you fire an arrow at target, arrow misses, flies somewhere and is lost/breaks.

- you fire an arrow at a target, lodges, target tends it out, arrow breaks in half and is disgarded.

this could reduce item counts, input commands (pick arrow up/stow arrow) etc.
Re: disappearing arrows 10/23/2013 07:59 AM CDT
This would suck for anyone who uses crossbow since all those pulzones/quads would disappear very quickly and everyone would be stuck with store bought ammo.
Re: disappearing arrows 10/23/2013 08:19 AM CDT
The option to pick would be nice. Ammo could be a wearable item where we could use it for generic ammunition we don't care about losing and quiver load would remain the same.
Re: disappearing arrows 10/23/2013 08:17 PM CDT
i disagree with infinite ammo, but i do believe that ammunition should 'break' periodically...

the idea that the same 10 arrows could feasibly be used for years is ridiculous.

>The shadowling exclaims, "Mana neeto!"
Re: disappearing arrows 10/23/2013 08:36 PM CDT
I suggested arrows that worked like our current lockpicks, slowly degraded, able to be fixed to an extent (I don't think that say Just rangers should be able to fix them). Certain special unique (legendary) arrows need not be breakable (they are legendary after all, probably part of what makes them legendary is they seem to take the wear and tests of time).

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.