bow mechanics 08/21/2013 09:37 PM CDT
So I realize that bows have been brought into melee calc mechanics, and that the aim functions as a scaling skill boost, rather than agility bonus. But I'm wondering how do the snap shots function? I would assume something similar to thrown mechanics or base melee attack. A zero point essentially. However, while hunting, I feel like they act or manifest as a worse than base skill rank attack. And by quite a bit at that.

~Van
Re: bow mechanics 08/22/2013 05:19 AM CDT
I am not sure if the aim mechanics were changed from 2.0, but then it was 70% of your skill for a snap shot and 130% of your skill with full aim. I believe those percentages were brought a little more in-line and decreased some, but I believe it still works the same way. A snap shot will use less than 100% of your skill while full aim will give your ranks a boost.
Re: bow mechanics 08/22/2013 11:30 PM CDT
Thank you. Those numbers sound about right for what I feel to be experiencing, so I'll assume they're fairly consistent in 3.0 as well. Appreciate it very much.

So where would you assume the 100% mark sits? Maybe an aim, with a snap fire?

~Van
Re: bow mechanics 08/23/2013 10:08 AM CDT
Honestly? I have no clue, and I would say no one but the GMs who know the numbers know. IIRC aim time isn't even consistent over every single aim, so it is hard to say how long it takes before you hit 100%. You just have to experiment with the critter you hunt to see how long it takes to aim before you can hit them with enough power consistently. Hope this helps some.
Re: bow mechanics 08/23/2013 10:49 AM CDT
There used to be a hard number, like 3 seconds of aim, to hit 100% of your skill. Anything more was bonus territory, I think

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: bow mechanics 08/23/2013 03:03 PM CDT
>IIRC aim time isn't even consistent over every single aim, so it is hard to say how long it takes before you hit 100%.

I've measured it to be 12 seconds and I've got my ranged scripts timed to do stuff for at least 12 seconds before firing. For bows, circle, weave, bob, shove lasts longer than 12 seconds, so I'm always balanced when I fire off a full aimed shot at an unbalanced opponent.