Best store arrows? 07/01/2013 10:33 AM CDT
Is there any consensus on the best store bought arrows?

I'm looking for pay and shoot, so no arrowheads, etc. Want me some disposable arrows that are better than generic crossings.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Best store arrows? 07/01/2013 10:58 AM CDT
It's been a really long time but I feel like it used to be arrows from here:
http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Survivalist_Supplies
Re: Best store arrows? 07/01/2013 06:33 PM CDT
Always been a fan of broad-barbed arrows
Re: Best store arrows? 07/01/2013 06:39 PM CDT
Unless your asking about a specific category(puncture/slice/impact) the answer is broad-barbed from the shard survival shop. Turning the stats into numbers gives basilisk arrows a total score of 24, broad-barbed a score of 18, silver tipped(also survival shop) a score of 16, razor head(also shard shop) a score of 15, stone tipped (shard shop) a score of 14, and plain arrows a score of 14. Now if your looking for just puncture, silver tipped match that of basilisk head with "Heavy". Razor head have the highest slice, above even basilisk, at "moderate". Both broad barbed and stone tipped both match basilisk head arrow with "moderate" impact. Keep in mind store bought arrows are heavier than player made arrows.

Re: Best store arrows? 07/09/2013 05:59 PM CDT
I always preferred razor tipped.

>Keep in mind store bought arrows are heavier than player made arrows.

O RLY?!

Kaeta Airtag

>>Actually an opinion cannot be changed or corrected. Nice try back of line.-VERATHOR
>>But it can be wrong.-Starlear
Re: Best store arrows? 07/09/2013 06:41 PM CDT
Barbed and regular arrows bought at Noel's arms in riverhaven. Basilisk arrows bought from a trader shop.

You count some basilisk head arrows in your hand and see there are ten left.
>put arr on count
You put your basilisk head arrows on the counter.
Scrimmshaw puts the basilisk head arrows on the small balance scale and adds small stones one by one until the beam becomes exactly level.
Scrimmshaw squints at the balance beam needle and says, "The arrows weighs about two stones," and puts the arrows on the counter.
You pay Scrimmshaw and take your arrows off the counter.

>count bar arr
You count some barbed arrows in your hand and see there are ten left.
>put bar arr on count
You put your barbed arrows on the counter.
Scrimmshaw hefts the barbed arrows and puts it on the medium balance scale. He patiently adds small sacks of stones on the other side till the beam becomes exactly level.
Scrimmshaw squints at the balance beam needle and says, "The arrows weighs about one hundred stones," and puts the arrows on the counter.

>count arr
You count some arrows in your hand and see there are ten left.
>put arr on count
You put your arrows on the counter.
Scrimmshaw hefts the arrows and puts it on the medium balance scale. He patiently adds small sacks of stones on the other side till the beam becomes exactly level.
Scrimmshaw squints at the balance beam needle and says, "The arrows weighs about twenty stones," and puts the arrows on the counter.

So, either MAMA's weights are off or store bought arrows are significantly heavier. I'm fairly sure the 13 broad-barbed arrows I had were 46 stones(don't have them anymore to double check).

Re: Best store arrows? 07/09/2013 07:16 PM CDT
Arrows (and bolts) are 'special' when it comes to weights. Break out just one and try that weighing again.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Best store arrows? 07/09/2013 07:28 PM CDT
>Arrows (and bolts) are 'special' when it comes to weights. Break out just one and try that weighing again.

Ehrm, why? arrows are stored in bundles in containers. Nobody is going to be walking around with 50 individual arrows. They'll have one stack of 50.
Re: Best store arrows? 07/09/2013 07:56 PM CDT
'Special' or broke? If anything arrows should weigh more when unstacked, if that is not the case then it should be bugged ingame for the GM's to add to their list.

Well at least Kodius' list for when he revamps fletching.

Re: Best store arrows? 07/09/2013 07:57 PM CDT
>>Ehrm, why? arrows are stored in bundles in containers. Nobody is going to be walking around with 50 individual arrows. They'll have one stack of 50.

...really? Let's try this again: Arrows (and bolts) are 'special' when it comes to weights.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors."
-Raesh
Re: Best store arrows? 07/09/2013 08:38 PM CDT
<<Arrows (and bolts) are 'special' when it comes to weights.>>

This is soooo true.

The resulting stack of arrows (or bolts) will take on the weight of the current occupants of a stack in a container.

Example: place a single bolt in a backpack, place a stack of 99 bolts in the backpack and the resulting total stack will weight that of a single bolt. Having a stack of 99 bolts in a container and placing one bolt in there will result in a total stack weight of 99 bolts.

This is easily tested using the "coin-encumbrance" method.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Best store arrows? 10/08/2013 08:18 PM CDT
Arrow weight issues are a result of engine mechanics. Something cannot weigh less than 1. A bundle of things can weigh 1. So therefore breaking a bundle into a bunch of single pieces will weigh more than the bundle with all the pieces. No way around this that I know of...

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes