best short bow around 04/16/2013 09:03 AM CDT

Hello all,
For starters I read the post below from a few years back with a similar title, and was curious if any new information had arose since then, because I couldnt find anything definitive...

I'm essentially thinking that I've reached a point where plats just stack up, and I may as well look into upgrading weaponry. I've used a Nisha short bow forever, purely because of the load time and because arrows are the primary modifier on damage. Outside of the crafted hunters bow for the sniping bonus, are there any other real competitive bows to look into acquiring that may have slipped through the cracks? Or are most SB primes still rocking a Nisha/Crafted still? I haven't been able to find any info saying otherwise, but wanted to ask everyone else in case they found anything different with 3.0 and the slew of other changes/fests that have happened since.

On a related note, I recall that the sniping bonus was not worth it compared to the load time reduction on a Nisha, do most still hold this true?

Thanks in advance everyone.
Re: best short bow around 04/16/2013 09:14 AM CDT
>Hello all,
For starters I read the post below from a few years back with a similar title, and was curious if any new information had arose since then, because I couldnt find anything definitive...

>I'm essentially thinking that I've reached a point where plats just stack up, and I may as well look into upgrading weaponry. I've used a Nisha short bow forever, purely because of the load time and because arrows are the primary modifier on damage. Outside of the crafted hunters bow for the sniping bonus, are there any other real competitive bows to look into acquiring that may have slipped through the cracks? Or are most SB primes still rocking a Nisha/Crafted still? I haven't been able to find any info saying otherwise, but wanted to ask everyone else in case they found anything different with 3.0 and the slew of other changes/fests that have happened since.

>On a related note, I recall that the sniping bonus was not worth it compared to the load time reduction on a Nisha, do most still hold this true?

>Thanks in advance everyone.

For training purposes I still use a Nisha for the reduced load. In a PvP scenario I generally open up with a capped fletched longbow and swap to another weapon after the first shot.

I haven't tested the sniping bonus from the Hunter's bow in 3.0 personally.
Re: best short bow around 04/16/2013 11:03 AM CDT

That's as I expected then. Thanks for the speedy response.