Snipe msg bug 01/31/2013 02:40 PM CST
hope this is the right place for this, if not i'll delete and repost in the correct folder if someone lets me know where.

< You Electricity a rich golden arrow at a black ape. A black ape attempts to dodge.
The arrow lands a massive (12/23) strike that drives the rich golden arrow under the sternum to pierce the heart.

The rich golden arrow lodges itself savagely into the black ape!
[You're solidly balanced]
< You snipe a rich golden arrow at a black ape. A black ape attempts to evade.
The arrow lands a spine-rattling (17/23) strike that explodes the heart and lungs with a bone-shattering blow to the chest.

that first line, Electricity. ranger/dual load, second shot must be the full aim and the first a snap shot i'm guessing from the amount of damage.
Re: Snipe msg bug 01/31/2013 03:05 PM CST
>>ranger/dual load, second shot must be the full aim and the first a snap shot i'm guessing from the amount of damage.

It could be that, or it could be that the 1st shot is influencing the second shot. They definitely are NOT snap shots.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Snipe msg bug 01/31/2013 03:06 PM CST
Sorry to double post, but the second shot is not always harder hitting either.

Player of Diggan, Ranger & Halfing of Aesry
Re: Snipe msg bug 02/04/2013 09:53 PM CST
> In 2.0 ranged was as powerful (blow to blow) if not far more so than melee.

I just happened in upon this thread. I don't use an aimed range weapon but I can tell you I sure would hope an attack which can come with a hefty load RT, and a long aim wait to garner full effect should hit harder than a 4 RT slice. Which would be blow for blow.