Bone crafting 03/09/2007 11:28 AM CST
Is it true that there are currently no plans to allow for player-made bone armor?
Re: Bone crafting 03/09/2007 04:59 PM CST
There have been no discussions about player made bone armor.

Gladiator Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Bone crafting 03/11/2007 06:00 AM CDT
I thought this would be a guild specific ability of the necromancers! ;-)

______
Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Bone crafting 03/11/2007 03:54 PM CDT
>I thought this would be a guild specific ability of the necromancers! ;-)

haha... low.

Fuquois
Re: Bone crafting 03/11/2007 10:56 PM CDT
>>haha... low.

They don't tailor bones into armor, they just cut 'em up and resurrect them.

>>and DIMINISHEDANGLE.

He's so acute.

-Durnil
Re: Bone crafting 03/28/2007 10:22 AM CDT
If i recall, bone crafting will go along with wood working i believe, when the (alleged) mech lore split comes. In my opinion, bone crafting seems closer to woodworking than any of the other skills i saw proposed.

Legendary Bard Mibe Oyiee, Dead Eye of Elanthia
~ You know I could always put it back to the old roundtimes...
Re: Bone crafting 03/28/2007 11:21 AM CDT
I still say Bone crafting should be a guild specific ability of the Necromancers.

______
Magdar Bluefletch, Legendary Barbarian of M'Riss
Re: Bone crafting 03/28/2007 11:35 AM CDT
<<I still say Bone crafting should be a guild specific ability of the Necromancers.>>

depends on how you define "bone crafting"

to take shell, or hard carapace, or bones disk/ribbing and weaving them into a shield or armor anyone can do.

now if you are talking about like the vampire clan: Tzimisce and "crafting" bone of the undead bodies into proturding weapons and armor, than yes... necromancers.

Yamcer

"You know, while I understand the importance of seeing the (personal) validity in other's arguments, it's impossible for me to believe fully that others are correct. If their argument was correct, I'd change mine." - My GF
Re: Bone crafting 03/28/2007 11:44 AM CDT
isn't proturding what monkeys at the zoo do to passerbys?
Re: Bone crafting 03/28/2007 11:54 AM CDT
>>isn't proturding what monkeys at the zoo do to passerbys?

Yes, and this is why it should be Necromancer-only.

SEND[Iayn] You are not staff sling primary?
You say, "No, I'm not crazy."
SEND[Iayn] everyone knows staff slings are barbaric.
SEND[Iayn] certainly more barbaric than folding little pieces of paper
Re: Bone crafting 03/28/2007 11:58 AM CDT
<<I still say Bone crafting should be a guild specific ability of the Necromancers.

I think that is a great idea if you don't mind waiting 10 years for player crafted bone armor.
Re: Bone crafting 03/28/2007 12:01 PM CDT
Also, I think it would be kinda dumb to move towards opening lore up completely (e.g., capped weapons made by non-Barbarians, capped bows made by Bards, etc) and then immediately instituting a new guild-restricted creation system. One step backwards sort of thing.

SEND[Iayn] You are not staff sling primary?
You say, "No, I'm not crazy."
SEND[Iayn] everyone knows staff slings are barbaric.
SEND[Iayn] certainly more barbaric than folding little pieces of paper
Re: Bone crafting 03/28/2007 04:43 PM CDT
<<now if you are talking about like the vampire clan: Tzimisce and "crafting" bone of the undead bodies into proturding weapons and armor, than yes... necromancers.>>

Wheres my Assamite (children of haqim) blood armor damn it. Hostile attackers touching it should deal 5 agg dice. Then I'll clerity 5 them and laugh:)

Ahh...white wolf. Love that system:)

Farewell, remorse: all good to me is lost; Evil, be thou my good.
~Paradise Lost (bk. IX, l. 171)
Re: Bone crafting 03/29/2007 01:15 PM CDT
>>I still say Bone crafting should be a guild specific ability of the Necromancers.

That'd be a pretty poor way to maintain that guild secrecy thing they're supposedly going to have going on.

Additionally, since bone covers things like carapaces and shells too, it doesn't strike me as necessarily Necromancer specific.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
<Conskill> You're like an Empath, but with a drug dependancy.
Re: Bone crafting 03/29/2007 04:41 PM CDT
<<That'd be a pretty poor way to maintain that guild secrecy thing they're supposedly going to have going on.>>

like there's no such thing as a thieves guild but everyone knows who to buy their lockpicks from.... wink, wink, nudge, nudge...

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: Bone crafting 03/29/2007 11:52 PM CDT
<<That'd be a pretty poor way to maintain that guild secrecy thing [the Necromancers are] supposedly going to have going on.>>

>like there's no such thing as a thieves guild but everyone knows who to buy their lockpicks from

Fundamental difference: Thieves aren't violating the laws of nature, affronting the gods, and generally a blight on all forms of life.

Fuquois
Re: Bone crafting 03/30/2007 08:24 AM CDT
>>Fundamental difference: Thieves aren't violating the laws of nature, affronting the gods, and generally a blight on all forms of life.

Since when???

(Sorry, couldn't resist the bait of that statement <grin>)

Redarch
Dwarf with an Axe.. Watch your toes!
Re: Bone crafting 03/31/2007 12:10 AM CDT
>(Sorry, couldn't resist the bait of that statement <grin>)

heh.. knew someone wouldn't be able to resist that one.

Fuquois
Re: Bone crafting 04/09/2007 08:02 AM CDT
Since bone armor includes that made from reeds and other non-bone materials, I would assume, as was mentioned earlier, that wood working would be the key skill.