MB stamina costs? 01/19/2013 04:36 PM CST
Does it seem like MB (as SB now I guess?) takes a hefty amount of stamina to use? Could be the speed I'm swinging it (3-4 seconds), but I get tired and have to pause every 20 seconds, with 25 str/stam/disc, which is kinda frustrating.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: MB stamina costs? 01/19/2013 04:41 PM CST
>>Does it seem like MB (as SB now I guess?) takes a hefty amount of stamina to use?

It's a weight thing mixed with what type of combat move you use thing more than a weapon type thing.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: MB stamina costs? 01/19/2013 04:51 PM CST
Players have generally favored 7 density platsteel mixes for some time now, without any reason to go lighter. The fatigue usage is a bit more aggressive, though can be mitigated with the proper attack types, with using BOB and pausing after your attacks for a few seconds to recover bonus fatigue.

Let's see how it goes and we can tweak if necessary.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
- Sir Arthur Conan Doyle, Sherlock Holmes
Re: MB stamina costs? 01/20/2013 01:37 PM CST
Since 3.0 went in, I'm winded most of the time and hitting tired pretty regularly swinging a 55 stone MB dwarven hammer (pretty sure it was critter-dropped by a drunken lout on Ratha, but it's been literally years that I've had it, so that could easily be wrong) with 80 stamina unless I toss in a bob or a weave every couple of attacks. This is using the ATTACK verb to control what combat move I make with the hammer, fighting zombie maulers in Boar Clan.

Granted, 55 stones is fairly heavy for an MB weapon, but under 2.0 combat, I'd only see winded every once in a great while.

Note that this is not intended as a complaint, merely a data point. Being a bard and lore primary, I've got no problem learning tactics as part of my combat routine.

Meigs
Re: MB stamina costs? 01/20/2013 01:49 PM CST
I was using a 40 stone mace. Swapping it out for a 29 stone bola, and respec-fiddling to push stamina higher (35 now) has had good results for training.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: MB stamina costs? 01/20/2013 01:52 PM CST
We tried opening the door for alchemy providing stamina regenerators and for abilities that modify fatigue usage in various ways. Previously you'd get min RTs and have no stamina worries by circle 30. I was all in favor of removing it entirely if it wasn't going to serve any purpose besides getting tanked in PvP with a 10 minute recovery period...

If you pause for a second or two after an attack, you'll recover over half the fatigue expended. A good strategy can be to burst through your fatigue down to 80%, then pace yourself while bob allows for regen up to 100, and repeat.

Also Weave consumes a lot of fatigue. It grants a large defense debuff to the target is why.

"I have no data yet. It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. Insensibly one begins to twist facts to suit theories instead of theories to suit facts."
Re: MB stamina costs? 01/20/2013 08:28 PM CST
Small blunt weapons range from 12 stones to 67 stones at capped rare metal damage. So there is room to go lighter for sure. I would assume an MB at the same exact weight would be similar fatigue costs to ME? (myabe some differences for the types of attacks used?) I did no testing on this so just assuming.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: MB stamina costs? 01/20/2013 10:11 PM CST
Fatigue cost is determined base on weapon weight, maneuver used, and the user's strength and stamina. I don't believe any other factors are currently involved...