2HB Str/Stam 01/07/2013 01:21 PM CST
I'm returning to DR after years away and finding that my Elven Barbarian is having huge fatigue issues trying to train 2HB. I've been training 7 weapons skills on this character and am starting to look at dropping 2HB, though I would really prefer not to. My strength is 16 and stamina is 20. I'm wondering if raising strength is going to lower how fatigued I get, or only lower the RT per swing. I know it's gonna be a while before I can use 2HB effectively, but I'm really trying to get a training plan. Should I focus on Stamina, or will Strength help more eventually? How much Str/Sta do people find is needed to not have major fatigue issues with 2HB?
Re: 2HB Str/Stam 01/07/2013 02:54 PM CST
In general its strongly encouraged for increasing physicals before mentals for the first 50 ranks. Some people like the number 25, others like the number 30.

Since your a Barbarian, I'd push for 30 maybe even go further (this isn't suggesting don't do anything with the other mentals, but physicals should be first).

As far as Stamina and Strength. If your getting fatigued, I'd suggest the weakest link is Stamina. So train it before Strength.

Another thing is, you might want to try and find a lower weighted 2HB, I'd suggest Caraamon. Be specific, say your new, your looking for a light-weight low fatigue 2HB, and what talk about price beforehand.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: 2HB Str/Stam 01/07/2013 03:24 PM CST
If you want a light 2hb, how about a half handed riste?

A darkstone half-handled riste is a medium blunt melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
no (0/26) puncture damage
poor (2/26) slice damage
heavy (9/26) impact damage

You are certain that the riste is fairly (5/15) balanced and is decently (6/15) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A darkstone half-handled riste is a medium edged melee-ranged weapon.

poor (2/26) puncture damage
moderate (7/26) slice damage
somewhat moderate (6/26) impact damage

You are certain that the riste is reasonably (7/15) balanced and is inadequately (4/15) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

A darkstone half-handled riste is a two-handed blunt melee-ranged weapon.

dismal (1/26) puncture damage
fair (5/26) slice damage
great (11/26) impact damage

You are certain that the riste is inadequately (4/15) balanced and is reasonably (7/15) suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the half-handled riste is quite guarded against damage (12/18), and is in pristine condition (98-100%).

The half-handled riste is made with metal.

You are certain that the half-handled riste weighs exactly 35 stones.
You are certain that the half-handled riste is worth exactly 22008 lirums.

______
Kertig Heart Magdar Bluefletch, Mechanical Lore Grand Master of M'Riss
Re: 2HB Str/Stam 01/07/2013 03:53 PM CST
Just for point of reference, that 35 stones is typically close to a weight of a steel ME weapon (or at least from what I've viewed [not a forger]).

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: 2HB Str/Stam 01/07/2013 06:39 PM CST
Also, it's relatively easy to set up a fatigue check to make sure you don't just swing over and over again until you collapse from exhaustion. That is if you're scripting combat and hopefully not doing it manually.

Elvis has left the building.
Re: 2HB Str/Stam 01/08/2013 12:55 AM CST

if your really troubled by fatigue stamina is what you want to hit hard, also stamina is becoming way more important from a vitality view in 3.0 so its a win-win

strength does have a minor role in the fatigue pool (I think) but at the point you are at, lowering your RTs with more strength, is only going to lead to more fatigue issues

its a little hard to gauge a good number to go to without knowing how heavy the weapon is, but getting a lighter 2hb is certainly a great investment as a training tool, but again you might run into the issue of lower rts = bigger fatigue hits

i know one of my goals in DR was to attack as fast as possible, no pausing for breath, no pausing for even parries or dodges, all offence all the time, I wana say I started to feel pretty good around 30-40 stamina and it wasn't until much much later in my training that I pushed it a lot higher than that, but again totally dependent on what you are swinging around
Re: 2HB Str/Stam 01/18/2013 06:20 PM CST
I've got 35 stam and I'm able to swing a 46 stone weapon with 2/3 sec RTs just about until the critter is dead without issues. I get a little fatigued 10% or so if you wanted to swing forever you will need a bit more than mine.