Keep MB? 11/21/2012 09:37 AM CST
So before I go any further with all of my weapons choices I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask, should I keep MB? I'm a Halfling and I tend to favor the higher balanced weapons so I'm currently training LE, ME, MB, LX, LT, Brawling. Wondering if MB is worth keeping or if Brawling is essentially the same thing (and if there will be a benefit in using MB over Brawling in 3.0). If I drop it, any suggestions on weapons to take its place?
Re: Keep MB? 11/21/2012 11:16 AM CST
Well, my understanding is that brawling weapons can't be forged as good as MB weapons.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Keep MB? 11/21/2012 01:23 PM CST
Glaes mace, 24 stones, very heavy impact, well balanced.

Codiax.
Forged Weapons:
http://www.elanthipedia.org/wiki/User:Codiax#Codiax-Forged-Weapons
Re: Keep MB? 11/24/2012 10:37 AM CST
Dropped MB, picked up QS. Seems more powerful and more balanced with the new templates. Kinda funny, I thought I'd never use this weapon on any of my characters.
Re: Keep MB? 11/24/2012 12:27 PM CST
Isn't QS subject to penalties with worn shields in DR 3?

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Keep MB? 11/24/2012 02:13 PM CST
>>Isn't QS subject to penalties with worn shields in DR 3?

Like any other two-handed weapons, the majority of quarterstaves will conflict with an arm-worn shield and give the penalty to both. However there are at least two QS (bo stick, lightened bo stick) that only require one hand.

Killing you softly with his song,
- Stormsinger Shavay

"We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams"
- Arthur O'Shaughnessy
Re: Keep MB? 11/24/2012 02:51 PM CST
Nightstick will also work as a single-handed staff when the staves merge in 3.0 skills.

Player of Ryken
---
"Life expectancy would grow by leaps and bounds if green vegetables smelled as good as bacon." ~ Doug Larson

AIM - RykenDR