Info on a heavy bronze-headed akabo with a cross-strapped rosewood shaft 11/03/2012 01:14 PM CDT
Looking for information on this item:

a heavy bronze-headed akabo with a cross-strapped rosewood shaft

Thick strips of rough leather have been lashed to the shaft of this piece in a criss-cross pattern.

A heavy bronze-headed akabo with a cross-strapped rosewood shaft is a two-handed blunt melee-ranged weapon.

You are certain that it could do:
somewhat fair puncture damage
somewhat fair slice damage
extreme impact damage

You are certain that the akabo is dismally balanced and is excellently suited to gaining extra attack power from your strength.

You are certain that the bronze-headed akabo is a bit safeguarded against damage, and is in pristine condition.

The bronze-headed akabo is made with metal.
The bronze-headed akabo has a bit of weight to it.
You are certain that the bronze-headed akabo is worth exactly 22500 kronars.
Roundtime: 16 seconds.

I know nothing of 2HB weapons. Is the app on this thing good? Any idea where it might be from?

Thanks,
Pathyn
Re: Info on a heavy bronze-headed akabo with a cross-strapped rosewood shaft 11/03/2012 03:11 PM CDT
An akabo is one of the crafting templates. It's possible that that is an altered player-forged item. You might be able to analyze it -- if you can do so successfully it is probably player-forged. If not it might be player-forged that lost its analyze ability with alteration, or it might be something else.

If it's not player-forged my best guess is that it was an incidental drop on a quest or possibly a gift from a game like the "weasel" game at the fest, as any storebought or regular fest item would likely show up on elanthipedia. Showing the LOOK might help.

I will happily tell you if the app is good for its weight, but I need to know its weight first.

-- Player of Eyuve
Re: Info on a heavy bronze-headed akabo with a cross-strapped rosewood shaft 11/03/2012 05:27 PM CDT

You put your bronze-headed akabo on the counter.

Naissura hefts the bronze-headed akabo and puts it on the medium balance scale. She patiently adds small sacks of stones on the other side till the beam becomes exactly level.

Naissura squints at the balance beam needle and says, "The akabo weighs about eighty-five stones," and puts the akabo on the counter.

You pay Naissura and take your akabo off the counter.

It isn't altered or from any game, but it might be from a quest. The item belongs to my friend and the only two quests he has been on were Taisidon and Taisidon Safari. The look is on the orginal post, right before the app.

Thanks,
Pathyn
Re: Info on a heavy bronze-headed akabo with a cross-strapped rosewood shaft 11/03/2012 06:29 PM CDT
That's nice and all, did you try an Analyze? Anal akabo, for example.

Adding nothing to the conversation since 1834.
Re: Info on a heavy bronze-headed akabo with a cross-strapped rosewood shaft 11/03/2012 09:34 PM CDT
R>analyze akabo
You are unable to learn anything about the bronze-headed akabo.

Roundtime: 8 seconds.
Re: Info on a heavy bronze-headed akabo with a cross-strapped rosewood shaft 11/10/2012 11:14 PM CST
It's a decent overall appraisal. The akabo has a more even distribution of damage than you can get in forged at the same weight. Forged dire maces/mauls have no slash, akabos/flails have no pierce.

The overall damage, if you add all three damage types and suitability/balance, is comparable to forged at similar weight. You can get considerably higher damage in impact if you specialize more.
Re: Info on a heavy bronze-headed akabo with a cross-strapped rosewood shaft 11/13/2012 06:04 AM CST

>>It isn't altered or from any game, but it might be from a quest. The item belongs to my friend and the only two quests he has been on were Taisidon and Taisidon Safari. The look is on the orginal post, right before the app.

I've been on Taisdon(not safari) and never seen that akabo nor do I remember any akabo from that quest. That being said it doesn't mean it wasn't there, it was a long time ago.

The Light is Crimson through the Darkness.