Monthly Pit Fights in Crossing! 11/05/2007 07:14 PM CST
2nd Saturday of every month, starting this saturday. 9pm est.

Regular pit rules. Contest will be double elim bracket format. Entry fee of 2 plat to help pay for the prize pool and tipping the empaths and clerics.

Will need: Several empaths and one or two raising clerics to work triage. This works better if we can have several so that you all can take shifts and enjoy some of the action. Empath and Cleric help will split 40% of the intake.

Prizes will be paid out for first through fourth place finishers. 25% to first place, 15% to 2nd, 10% to 3rd and 5% to 4th with the remainin 5% going to help fund future fight nights.

I'm planning on making this a usual monthly occurence on the 2nd saturday. Mark your calendars.

War Hawk Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Monthly Pit Fights in Crossing! 11/05/2007 08:49 PM CST
>Regular pit rules.

Where can these be found?

E.

SEND[Zeyurn] Such is life.
Re: Monthly Pit Fights in Crossing! 11/06/2007 01:52 PM CST
Any special abilities a barb can do go, any special abilities (khri, magic, CJs even) that anyone else can do don't go. Also, no hiding.

Before the upheaval, I'm fine that this is the way it is. YES, it IS your BARBARIAN pit. I don't care. I just won't fight in it myself, that's all. And I'm just sayin'

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Monthly Pit Fights in Crossing! 11/06/2007 04:31 PM CST
Actually, I forgot to mention, no barb abilities on these, just to make things equitable.

War Hawk Maulem~

Read the Barbarian Seven!
http://tinyurl.com/gksan
Re: Monthly Pit Fights in Crossing! 11/06/2007 05:09 PM CST
>>I just won't fight in it myself, that's all. And I'm just sayin'

If there's healing Empaths and raising Clerics then it's all in good fun. I say give it a try.

Same thing with sparring. Some hate to spar but have never tried it, and once they find a competitive yet very friendly opponent, a lot start to love it. Great learning experience on top of that.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi
Re: Monthly Pit Fights in Crossing! 11/06/2007 07:11 PM CST
Well Vinjince, I've sparred you (for the record, I lost horribly) so that's not my problem. I just don't like a venue where EVERYONE can't go all out. Of course, on the other hand the only time I've sparred a Thief, we made a no hiding stipulation, but he still owned me with Spar.

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Monthly Pit Fights in Crossing! 11/06/2007 08:17 PM CST
>>I just don't like a venue where EVERYONE can't go all out.

I actually feel the same way too. I mean, I love the pit and the scoring system, but I'm aching for the day when an arena comes out that allows everyone to go all out, barring a few abilities/spells/items.

Top it off with perhaps good brackets, a scoring system with custom titles as rewards, and I'll weep with pleasure.

Vinjince

"There are five possible operations for any army. If you can fight, fight; if you cannot fight, defend; if you cannot defend, flee; if you cannot flee, surrender; if you cannot surrender, die."

- Sima Yi