Therengian fundraising fights, magical duel! 01/10/2006 09:45 AM CST
Friday night, 1/13, 9pm est at the Therengian amphitheater. Signups will start at 8:30 est, with the tournament to begin at 9.

Magic only! Use whatever prebuffs you can manage, however, you need to be ready to fight when I call you down from the stands.

Challenge format. No hiding, no inviso.

2 plat entry fee with proceeds going to the arena rebuilding fund.

Gladiator Maulem~

"The truth is that ineffective, unfocused violence leads to more death. However fully thought through, well executed violence never leads to more violence because afterwards, the other guys are all dead." ~Ternith
Re: Therengian fundraising fights, magical duel! 01/10/2006 10:00 AM CST
I've been thinking for awhile you should have some sort of ranged (bow specific, but I'm biased) fights. I think I finally thought a possible way to do it. Have some sort of quick draw tourney, like a gentlemans duel. Maybe not even be to the death, just if you get shot first you lose. Just a thought.

Ranger Dragamar, Toxophilite or Aesry Surlaenis'a
Re: Therengian fundraising fights, magical duel! 01/10/2006 10:08 AM CST
It's on his list, Dragamar. Maulem's running through a whole bunch of different combat styles to give everyone a chance to do what they excel at. Now if folks would just sign up for the actual competition rather than just a bunch of grudge matches. Not that I mind grudge matches.. those can be the best to watch.

Drex

Gyfford says, "Maulem your wife is giving me a headache."
Maulem says, "Well, at least I'm not th' only one she does that to then."
Re: Therengian fundraising fights, magical duel! 01/10/2006 10:18 AM CST
I would love to join the tourneys, even if it is not something that I would do well at. But the people fighting are so much better than me it wouldn't even be fun. I didn't get a chance to do the tourneys that were by circle so I'll wait until I might have a chance.

Ranger Dragamar, Toxophilite or Aesry Surlaenis'a
Re: Therengian fundraising fights, magical duel! 01/11/2006 07:05 PM CST
Sadly I already have plans Friday night else I'd show up.

Maulem, one other rule I suggest: Can not be preparing a spell when the contest starts.

Regards,
Reigning Kaith Kirm Magic Combat Champion
Re: Therengian fundraising fights, magical duel! 01/11/2006 08:11 PM CST
Not that I disagree with Tessaa's suggestion (because no-prepared spells is standard in spell duals), but this means that to enforce spell preps, they would not be allowed to be hidden. This would have to be made VERY clear at the outset that every cast can be traced to a spell preparation at risk of disqualification.