A Farewell 01/30/2002 04:59 PM CST
Greetings:

This is a tough post to compose.

I meant to write last week, but I suddenly found myself faced with the unfortunate task of organizing the affairs, funeral and burial of my uncle, who died unexpectedly. These compelling obligations to my family are currently consuming most all of my time and energy. Thank you to Maelona for timely conveying to you my departure.

After a little less than 3 years as a DR GM (and several years before that as a player), I must, sadly, say farewell. In recent months, obligations to my law practice, family, etc., grew to the point I could no longer commit the amount of time I find acceptable to developing for DR and sanely meet the other demands in my life. Some things had to give, and one of those things was my beloved hobby as a designer for DR.

I will always treasure DR and the friends I have made here, as well as the great fun and personal satisfaction I enjoyed contributing to the continuing development of what I consider to be one of the very finest roleplaying games on the Internet or anywhere else.

Take care and fair journeys to you all,

GM Hyram a/k/a Sir Edword a crafter of fine accoutrements, Taisidon II Lead Designer and Developer and, far too briefly, Warrior Mage Guru (among others).