Hyram 01/29/2002 08:45 PM CST
Greetings, Warrior Mages.

I regret to inform you that GameMaster Hyram has retired from his position on the Dragonrealms staff.

Those of you who've been around long enough to see Guild Gurus come and go from various different Guilds over the years will know that it's typical - expected, even - that an exiting Guild Guru will make his own post, saying his goodbyes, and often offering some insight into the reasons behind his departure. So, why am I here, bearing the news? Well, let me talk you through the last week.

Last Tuesday, January 22, Solomon and I received an email from Hyram in which he expressed his need to resign from the GM team as a result of being unable to provide the commitment of time and mental energy that developing a Guild requires. I responded the same day, accepting Hyram's resignation, offering him my best wishes for the future, and reminding him that customers generally appreciate a statement of some kind in situations like this.

Solomon had been trying to reach Hyram by telephone all week, and finally managed to get through to him last Friday. It was at this point that we learned that Hyram's family had suffered a bereavement, and funeral arrangements were understandably preoccupying his time.

I decided at that point that I would give it a week from the date of Hyram's resignation to see if he'd have a chance to come and post on his own behalf, and that if, by tonight, he had not been able to do so, then I would get the information out to you. I had always said I would not keep something like this quiet for any reason, and, as unusual as it is for someone other than the Guru himself to post, I am endeavouring to be true to my word. Hyram had been active in the game in December, for example sending me a proposal for Element Specialization on December 11th, so please be assured that you are being provided the news of his resignation not after some lengthy delay but as expeditiously as I could make it.

I'll immediately commence the search for a new lead designer for you.

Best wishes,
Maelona