Changes 07/17/2000 09:55 PM CDT
Many changes come along, as you all must know.

I've been speaking with Dalzien and Valdrik extensively on the bugs with Fortress of Ice, and we've talked out what needs to be done with it. I've developed a fix to check for a dead caster inside, allowing the fortress to melt and the body to be recovered, and should be releasing it shortly. I'm still currently looking into the other aspects of it, and will keep you posted.

My current focus is to check the problems with the spells that are available to us all, and to make things more enjoyable for us. And in the future.. well, you'll have to wait and see. ;)

Nadrien
Implemented MoF Changes 10/31/2000 12:17 PM CST
As was discussed, we have incorporated webbing with the MoF spell. It will kill the webbing should you be stuck. But, keep in mind, if Harawep's Bonds is used, you STILL run the risk of being poisoned.

And while discussing these changes, several more came into light, and we are currently discussing adding more enhancements to the spell. I'll keep you posted as we iron them out. Enjoy!

Nadrien
Changes/fixes to Fire Rain and Fire Shard Volley 10/22/2001 09:15 PM CDT
I have the pleasure to announce that tonight we will be releasing changes to Fire Rain and Fire Shard Volley. I believe you will be pleased with the changes. GM Valdrik did the work, so I will leave it to him to post the details...which should be just about any minute now. <grin>

Thank you GM Valdrik.

Regards,

Hyram
Re: Changes/fixes to Fire Rain and Fire Shard Volley 10/22/2001 09:27 PM CDT
Hey everyone,

I'll take care of the short and easy one first <grins>. Right once I click send on this post a fix will be implemented to Fire Shard Volley which will make it so that held "mana" contributing to your spell will create more shards. No more of this 20-prep making more shards than 10-prep/harn 10 crap <g>.

Okay, here's the long one -- Fire Rain.

Basically in a nutshell, your daily kill count will only be incremented one time per cast should someone be killed in it. So if yer in vipers and get swarmed and cast it....someone walks in and dies, kill count gets hit once, no biggie. If someone with a group walks by and they all die...it still counts as one kill against your count. This is to prevent getting sent to the happy room for something that could feasibly be purely accident.

Now with this does indeed come a few things that you all need to know concerning this spell. While indeed you are protected against accidentally killing multiple people, this does NOT mean you can go just wipe out a bunch of people at your whim. Everytime someone is killed by this spell, every single GM online knows it. So if its found out that you're going on a killing spree with it to intentionally mass-kill, or using it in a way that breaks policy then there is absolutely NO tolerance. If abused, it could mean that you get banned from casting the spell permanently (no spellslot refund), on top of whatever appropriate measures such as lockout.

I hate to sound like a hard-nose about it, but considering the concessions being made, and the potential and magnitude of the repurcussions of abuse, the consequences are hard. However, no reason to be afraid of accidents caused by passerbys :). (Which, needless to say, if ya kill someone with the spell they do have consent to retaliate <G>).

Enjoy, more comin <winks>,

Valdrik