Notes from Tonights Meeting 12/06/2001 07:39 PM CST
G'day,

Given that this months guild meeting was somewhat sparsely attended, I decided I would post a copy of the prepared things I had to say, which was primarily a list of the main releases we have had over this past year.

Take care,

Godrich de'Finchal

This past year has been a very busy one for the members of the Trader Team. We started out the year in a bit of chaos. More than a bit actually as I recall. We made some tough decisions and began to get the guild moving again.

Just about a year ago, Maelona asked me to write up a report of what had been done for the Trader Guild in the year 2000 and to come up with some sort of idea of things we might do in the coming year. At this time, it was uncertain what was going on with Erakin and Kaikyu, so I was pretty nervous about making up the list, since I really didnt have any idea how long it took to get things developed and released. But I came up with a report and by March it was pretty much apparent that Equity and I would have to strike out on our own so to speak, and see what we could get done.

Starting in March, I began doing the monthly reports to GM Maelona regarding Trader Guild activity. I thought it would be a neat way to end the old year by going over the major items from these reports. I wont go into all the bug fixes and small changes that were made, some because they were very minor, and others because they are really things that didnt impact players directly, if at all.

1.Lots of new shop items.
2.Candy jar for the Crossing Guilds Gathering Room
3.Return of hungry caravans
4.Upgrade to the auction hall, sending out runners to announce the auction.
5.Chispins Print Shop selling handbills for Trader advertising
6.Auction lists of items up for sale in player auctions
7.Special delivery contract system that allows for contracts to be set up for pretty much anywhere in the game.
8.Caravans dragging corpses and the chance of running over prone people.
9.The Trader Market and Bazaar expansion in the Crossing
10.Update to ledgers to allow them to be studied.
11.Opened Fornsted Outpost in Therengia
12.Updated gem pouches to allow tied pouches to be split and combined
13.Trader Donation shelf for the Crossing Guild
14.Surlaenis Guildhall opened.
15.New caravan routes between Langenfirth and Therenborough and the Gondola and Leth Deriel.
16.Muspari Outpost opened, including Guild leader, new shop, and small market.
17.Hvaral Outpost opened.
18.Caravan route between Fornsted and Hvaral.
19.Trader Market on Surlaenis.
20.Trader Shipping
21.New jewelry appraisal system.
22.Kregkeirels

All in all, I would say this represents a pretty big year for the Trader guild. Im not sure that we will maintain the same pace through the next year, but we will certainly do our best to give you folks the target of one release per month. Right now I know of three significant new things or changes that we have completed and awaiting final approval, so we have a bit of a head start going in to the new year. My goal is to eventually have an ability or new business opportunity roughly every 5 circles. We are actually in pretty good shape for the lower levels of the guild, say below 30th. Above that, we have lots of space to fill in my list. We have a number of things that will fall into that range, we just havent gotten enough of them yet.