Gem Pouches 04/02/2000 02:01 PM CDT
Kaikyu has squished the bug that was being exploited through the use of gem pouches. We apologize for any inconvenience the temporary stop has caused. The business of gem pouch selling can now resume.

~Erakin
Gem Pouches 09/14/2001 12:09 AM CDT
G'day,

Given that I have been more or less absent lately, I decided this would be a good time to release the long awaited changes to gem pouches. There are now two additional verbs that will work with gem pouches, and these are Trader only.

COMBINE: will allow you to combine to gem pouches that have been tied off.
UNTIE: allows you to split a tied gem pouch into two tied gem pouches.

The details I will leave you to discover on your own.

One other note. With these changes, it might become possible to allow non-Traders to tie gem pouches even when they have less than 500 items in their inventory. I am going to wait on the changes to substances and gems before deciding on that to see how those changes affect gem selling.

Enjoy,

Godrich de'Finchal
Changes To Gem Pouches 04/01/2002 02:13 PM CST
G'day,

As I posted in the GM Announcements folder on the Talk to Simutronics board, all players will now be able to tie their gem pouches in the same way that Traders have been able to.

I know this is a somewhat controversial decision, but it is something that needed to be done from both a game resource stand point as well as to allow non-traders to have a way to easily help keep their item count below 500.

There is also an addition command for gem pouches that is Trader only. This is the GATHER verb, which you can use to quickly move a specific type of gem from one pouch to another. Each pouch must be open and in your hand. You can specify the pouch you want to move the gems from and it will know to move them to the one in your other hand.

They syntax for this is:

GATHER <gem> IN <gem pouch>

For example:

GATHER RUBY IN MY YAK-HAIR POUCH

This command will only work with two gem pouches.

Enjoy,

Godrich de'Finchal