Jent 11/21/2001 11:10 AM CST
Jent says, "Circling is hard for Rangers."

Jent says, "Wanted to wish everyone a good holiday."

thought they would be funny to put together, Jent stopped in the crossings ranger Guild to wish everyone happy holidays, I like to do the same, Make sure you guys say thanks to em (in the correct folder this one prolly belongs in ramblings but hey, Jent was announcing it.)

Falk, hoping everyone is as happy as him during the holidays

Drools,... Mom's stuffing... pants
Jent on sniping 11/25/2001 01:02 PM CST
Category Combat (26)
Topic Combat General Discussions (2)
By DR-JENT from PLAY.NET (Ocean Blue)
On Nov 24, 2001 at 08:27
Subject Re: Sniping... (12361)

<< >>

Well, I'll step up and take some heat off Damissak.

I'm not completely aware of the big picture with Sniping but I need to do a few things before sniping can be released for Rangers. I imagine that is part of the hold up. The stuff I need to do should be able to get into QC soon.

Just because Damissak is so visible on this subject doesn't mean he is blame for everything. However, if you feel the need to point the blame at him I'm sure he will respond to you in about 15 minutes. <g>

Later,

Jent
Jent on bows 02/07/2002 11:58 AM CST
Category Weapons and Armor (35)
Topic Bows and Arrows -- Death By Air (2)
By DR-JENT from PLAY.NET (Pet Sounds)
On Feb 7, 2002 at 06:37
Subject Re: Idea....s? *very long* atleast 1 GM please read? (2220)

<< >>

<<Next- I would like to see realistic things in the bows like draw weight, bracing and unbracing, etc. I am very tired of EVERY bow being the same. all composite bows are fair/reas. there should be a draw weight on there that is directly propotonal to your strenght, which is propotional to your arrow speed/ maximum arrow weight, and thus damage caused. a newbie should use a 30 pound bow, and a strong barbarian should be able to draw a 200 pound longbow ( yes they do exist). I mean its nice to have the choice between a capped ebony longbow or a comp balanced oak which is lightly more acc but less suited but i mean come on, their shouldnt be only two choices if you want a good bow (i know theres more "rare" ones") just mix it up a little more and add draw weight. and arrow weights. or even calculate units of energy for the arrows. like every 10 pounds of draw over 30 pounds you get 10 more fps (with a base of like 130 @ 30 pounds) and for every 50 grains of arrow weight(base of 250) you loose 5 fps, then multiply them to get energy of the arrow. apply that number to the design/effeciecy(sharpness) of the arrowhead and there you go. so a 50 lb bow would shoot a 250 grain arrow 150 fps with 37500 units of energy. the same bow would shoot a 500 grain arrow 105 fps with 52500 units of energy. the first arrow would be much more arrurate/go farther/ be harder to dodge, but the second would pack more of a punch ( you GM's could convert that into a precent to apply to damage arrow 1 would use 37.5% and arrow 2 would use 52.5% of the damage done by the arrow) other things would apply of course like straight fletched arrows which would be very inaccurate but would add a few fps.(make the accuracy/arrow speed modify your bow skill?)>>

Ayup.

I would hope that you see some differences in the future but a wholesale change like that takes time. Thanks for your input.

Later,

Jent