About Your Liaison - For Real This Time 12/17/2001 12:51 PM CST
Salutations again, Barbarians.

It is with deep pride and greatest pleasure that I announce the arrival of your new liaison, GameMaster Jaedren. Okay, more accurately, the unveiling of your new liaison -- he's been up here managing to make and break stuff (boy, is he good at breaking stuff...!) for the past couple of months now, and I'm certain you all will be thrilled with his presence and enthusiasm for the Barbarian Guild for ages to come.

At this point we're still rummaging about for a dedicated coder (or coders) for the Barbarian guild. Jaedren won't be that coder -- what he is very good at is channeling your thoughts and ideas to the folks that can implement them for him and organizing events. The former he's been doing for the past several weeks already, and as for the latter...mwahahaha.

May this be the dawn of a wonderful relationship. :)

Regards,

GameMaster Nionon
Re: About Your Liaison - For Real This Time 12/17/2001 01:27 PM CST
Dear Jaedren,

Please immediately organize an All Elanthian Gnome Hurling Contest and set about securing supplies in appropriate quantities.

Warmest welcomes to the Barbarian Guild team - may your already long career as a member of the Guild continue for years to come now that you're "behind the curtain". I've looked forward to this announcement for a long while, and am thrilled to have you online and operational here on the boards and in the Guild team as a whole.

Best wishes,
Maelona
Re: About Your Liaison - For Real This Time 12/17/2001 02:00 PM CST
Greetings Guildmates!

First off, thanks for the welcome about a month back. Even though I wasn't able to respond, it was much appreciated.

A quick little boring background on me. I've been playing DragonRealms since somewhere after Beta, and before that first festival. And my entire career has been as a Barbarian. So I know your concerns well, as they've been my concerns and I've been busily reading the boards keeping up with the latest threads throughout my training. So know that your gripes, inquiries, etc. have been heard over the last few months. With that said....on to some fun stuff.

Gnome hurling! Err.. I mean.. Guild-Wide meeting! No firm date set as of yet (Gotta wrangle Maelona down :p), but we're looking at sometime after the holidays. (Read- Mid-January)

New Crossing Guildhall: Work progresses. I think once this one hits the light of day, you guys are gonna be more than impressed. I've got some killer help back here, so while I'm not the coder we need, I'm gettin good at beggin off help for the little stuff. ;)

Events! The first is gonna be a gr.....

Histories. This has always been a big one with me. But boy are they tougher than I thought. Work is in progress on some basic historical stuff. And we've got some interesting thoughts on how to release it to you. This will be one of my main focuses within the Guild. I just ask that you bear with me as I work it out. (See Maelona, I didn't even use the dreaded Soon there)

And finally, keep an eye out for an actual Contest. This one's gonna be great for the winners, folks. More details on that in the next few days.

I look forward to a nice long stay here, and working within the best guild the game has to offer. And my mailbox is open for all of you at DR-Jaedren@play.net I'll read every piece of mail I get, and respond as appropriate.

GM Jaedren