A goodbye... 06/01/2001 09:52 PM CDT
My friends,

I apologize that this post is so long in coming; every time I turned my mind to write it the moment seemed somehow wrong.

It is with equal measures of sadness and certainty that I must announce my resignation as a DragonRealms GameMaster and the position of Barbarian Guru.

I am terrible at goodbyes, so I will keep this as short as possible

Working with all of you on this guild has been one of the greatest times of my life. I used to go to class (and then work) plotting, sketching and dreaming this guild. Seeing your suggestions fit into the massive puzzle and portrait I had in my mind was an exhilarating experience that I will not forget.

Those that come after me will speak to you of the future, both immediate and long term. But know now that the guild is in good hands, and that I will always be around to see that The Balance, The Fury, and The Warrior are united in this guild. I am sorry that I was not able to bring everything to fruition that I saw for us -- it will all come with patience, and it will be glorious.

To all those players who love (are addicted to)<g> the boards as much as myself -- it's been a great ride. I hope you continue to hone your debate skills, I've loved watching some of you grow incredibly sharp in your perceptions (Where's Mr. Special Guild Ability, future-guessing spy, hugely constructive idea man? It was great reading your stuff. :))

Before I start to ramble too badly --

Here's to the game that gives far more than it takes, and to the players who make it breathe. I will never forget how lucky I was to be a part of it -- and how proud I felt to lead this guild.

With love and honor,

Matthew Kelly
Aka Talmiran