Choke 05/22/2001 02:53 PM CDT
This move is now live for all Barbarians in the game.

Have fun with it everyone. ;)

GM Royce
Update to Choke 06/01/2001 02:33 PM CDT
Choking another player to death while in town will now get you charged sent to jail just like any other murder in town.

It's good being the justice guru sometimes.

This was just a warning for those that noticed that it DIDN'T do this.

GM Royce
Choke EXP. 06/13/2001 08:20 AM CDT
EXP given for the brawl move Choke is now... well... It now has some.

Don't plan on learning much when you are a high level barb and you are choking a goblin or some such.

1) There is no contest

2) They die so fast.

Also, the damage done for each pulse has been tweaked as well.

More to follow on this with in the next few weeks.

GM Royce

Oh, and there is a certain invasion critter in game that you can no longer choke due to reasons mentioned to me at the convention. That's all I'm saying.
Choke Revisited. 10/23/2001 05:57 AM CDT
Ok gang, I took a good long look at the Choke code for snapping necks. I'll admit, it will be harder for the younger barbs to do even on low level critters. I also took a look at it from the other side. I took one of the higher level barbs currently in the game (not the highest mind you) and went over the code again. With a certain dance going, he'll snap the neck of a Pirate pretty much 100% of the time and a blood warrior around 75%. Without the dance, he won't stand a chance. There's no secret here to what stat is needed to shatter a neck. Common sense tells ya.

Mind you, I'm not saying it's perfect. ;) It works and works well. It's just hard to do. But you all know I am a thief and always have been. I and my thieves aren't the true fighters you barbs are (I'm gonna take flak for that comment). So, while we at 50th circle may be hunting Adan (or so). You as barbarians would have hunted them many circles before that. Keeping that in mind, I'm going to adjust the scale on it a tad in your favor shortly. It still won't be identical to your "normal" hunting levels. But it will be closer some.

The need a dance going will remain though. Without it, consider hutning a few levels below your skills if you wish to use it.

GM Royce