Number 8 (We got a Ringer) 10/23/2001 05:47 PM CDT
Heyo,

I'm not sure if you will count this as an October Release but I am. As of Monday night we officially have a New Ranger Guild Assistant GM.

Our new assistant has a diversified background in Magic Prime and Secondary Guilds. His desire to work on magic will be a huge plus for us. He brings an outside prospective to the team which is highly respected and very much needed. In a recent full GM meeting, Solomon described him as a Stealth Coder, someone who gets an amazing amount of work done and flies below the radar. Well, I think it is time he stepped forward and I can think of no better place to harness his talents then here in our Guild.

He is already at work on the next beseech and will be working to churn them out on a regular basis. (Did I just set him up or what?) I also want to get him very much involved in the development and rework of our Spells. This is not to say that Tarragon and I will not be coding spells, but I'd like to see our new Assistant work a little closer in that area. In addition, this will allow Tarragon to focus on some bigger projects for us without us falling behind in magic or beseeches.

As you all know we have a very diverse Guild, as Rangers we get a little bit of everything. Unfortunately, because of the vast amount of areas that need development in our guild we have over the past few months, and even under Trev's leadership, really struggled to get as much done as we want to. I think for the first time we have an oppurtunity to start hitting our stride.

Please join me in welcoming the fourth horseman to the Ranger Team, GM Paklin. For all you citizenship fans out there you need not worry, GM Paklin will still be overseeing that system while working for our guild.

Here we go!

Jent