Burn, Version 2.02 11/04/2001 07:44 PM CST
Summary:

* The armour/weapon damage when on the ground has been brought closer in line with what happens when cast on worn armour. It should be somewhat easier.

* Cloth, wood or leather armour on a target is now properly being taken into account. Natural armour should now be figuring correctly. Note: Don't expect to destroy a target's armour in one or two casts, particularly metal armour; that is NOT a bug.

* Doublechecked the incrementing of damage to already damaged areas, and it is working. If it's not showing up on the LOOK of the critter, the damage was done but it didn't bring it up to next "level" of messaging. Vitality damage should now be accurate as well, and there was a slight bug with that.

* Boxes, trapped or otherwise, will now take their contents with them when destroyed. Interestingly, the size and material of the boxes were not being previously taken into account like other objects but are now. As a result, it'll probably take more mana to destroy a box, but since it should be taking somewhat less mana to destroy armour and weapons, it should balance out appropriately.

To restate, the change to boxes was done because of messaging and technical problems with the trap system -- specifically problems arising from the trap system expecting you to be holding the box as opposed to Burn expecting you to not be holding it. It was not done because of whining -- if I was concerned about how much people whined, I wouldn't have made the changes to Burn and TKT in the first place, now would I? ;)

* Ice Fortresses won't burst into flames now. Contrary to what blue muppets may preach, it was a bug that Burn ever affected Ice Fortresses and not part of a growing conspiracy that I have to destroy the game.

* The slag that forms from some items was also slightly adjusted to properly account for the weight and size of the original item. Thus, slag varies in size now.

Burn is now much closer to where I wanted it, and in my testing, which I've been doing all day with Tribanin -- poor pulpy headed guy -- is still a quite deadly spell.

Rigby