Graves / Glyph Adjustment 02/24/2002 09:12 PM CST
[Crossposting this from Talk To Simu, since Clerics are often involved in Death and you should probably be aware of how it functions.]

Implemented a few fixes to graverob and janitor mechs tonight --

1) There was a slight bug that was preventing the old code from keeping items from being cleaned up for the 40 minutes after they're spit out of a grave as per NEWS 2 4. This has been fixed. Items will now be protected.

2) There is a feature where unfrequented areas of the game unload, killing off non-permanent creatures and items to save computer memory/time. This has been adjusted. As long as items are sitting around with the 40-minute janitor protection on them, the area will not unload, thus killing the items. This will be most noticeable in Platinum (and I suppose TF) for obvious reasons.

3) Glyphs now have the exact same protection as graves, where they did not before. All items that fall out of a glyph cannot be picked up for 10 minutes by anyone but the owner (or person consented by the owner). They will also have the same janitor protection for 40 minutes.

So, to review, here are the facts about graves and departing:

A) Graves will last for 15 minutes before they start spitting items out. Glyph duration is variable based on the glyphing Paladin.

B) When items fall out of a grave/glyph, they will be protected from anyone but the owner picking them up for 10 minutes.

C) Items are protected from the janitor and areas unloading for 40 minutes after they fall out of the grave/glyph, so the janitor should not be too much of a concern when departing.

If you witness any contradictions to the rules I have laid out above in actual mechanics, please post your findings in the BUGS folder of the CLERIC'S ALTAR topic and I will be sure to review the situation and make sure everything is working properly.

-GM Skralthaen