Seem to keep destroying scrolls 07/08/2010 03:16 PM CDT
Okay, so after a few months after the fest, I finally decided to try out adding scrolls to my spellbook.

I turned the book to the scroll section, turned it to page 1 and managed to scribe hypnotize.

Then I grabbed an Air Bubble Spell, turned it to page 2 and tried to scribe it and got this message:

You begin to scribe your moldering scroll into your driftwood spellbook, but you quickly become confused. Try as you might to transfer the magical energies between the two mediums, the streams become tangled and difficult to separate. In a last-ditch effort, you sever the connection between spellbook and scroll. The arcane sigils on a moldering scroll begin to quickly blur together, and with a sudden CRACK, the moldering scroll is split asunder, crumbling into useless pieces in matter of seconds.

So I thought maybe I didn't make sure to read the scroll first, so I grabbed another air bubble spell, read it then tried to scribe it on page 2 again and destroyed the second scroll as well!

So what am I doing wrong? Are Air Bubble scrolls just obsolete or am I just completely lame at this? Would love to know how to fix this so I don't destroy any scrolls worth keeping.

Thanks!
Re: Seem to keep destroying scrolls 07/08/2010 04:32 PM CDT
I'll try to dig up an air bubble scroll and scribe it into my moonie's book and see what happens.
Re: Seem to keep destroying scrolls 07/08/2010 05:43 PM CDT
Perhaps there's some arcana check?
Re: Seem to keep destroying scrolls 07/08/2010 07:32 PM CDT
i think its an arcana check. as i tried to scribe a couple scrolls with my bard and a similar thing happened, she has very low skill in arcana.

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.

Re: Seem to keep destroying scrolls 07/09/2010 01:16 AM CDT
>>i think its an arcana check. as i tried to scribe a couple scrolls with my bard and a similar thing happened, she has very low skill in arcana.

Arcana: 64 81% clear

Hmm. That could be it?

If that's the case, though, can someone else add scrolls to my spellbook? If not, what is a safe rank to try and add the rest?

Thanks for the help guys.

Aeviona.
Re: Seem to keep destroying scrolls 07/09/2010 01:39 AM CDT
It would probably help if your scrolls were better quality, but I'm not sure it would help that much... pick up another forty ranks at least.

"Magic has rules and so does posting on these forums." -Annwyl
Re: Seem to keep destroying scrolls 07/09/2010 04:58 AM CDT
someone else can, just like they can read it, if you don't have a spellbook lock on it or a crystal lock.

Necromancy provides the only source of reliable and potent life extension on Elanthia.