Spellbook repair 05/27/2010 12:55 AM CDT
Will the spellbook repair merchant be available during the fest, and if so, when? I know several of us have spent a couple hundred of plats on a spellbook that is now scuffed and we would like to be able to repair it before the fest is over. (Putting a spellbook in a backpack to get the key is a very bad idea!)

Senior Commander Gwenddolyn,
Of the Therengia Cavalry,
Baron's Dragoons, Baron's Hussars, and Baron's Outriders
Re: Spellbook repair 05/27/2010 03:00 PM CDT
>>Will the spellbook repair merchant be available during the fest

Not as far as I'm aware.

--

"The ninety and nine are with dreams, content but the hope of the world made new, is the hundredth man who is grimly bent on making those dreams come true." -E.A.P.
Re: Spellbook repair 05/31/2010 12:28 AM CDT
Any help that can be given will be appreciated after I bought a painting of "a great emerald-green dragon roaring spouts of crimson flame" at the fest for the spellbook, it doesn't appear that the cover painting was added to the spellbook even though the messaging given below said that it was:

An irate shadowling flutters into view, landing at your feet. It gazes up expectantly, tapping its furry little foot with impatience.

You timidly place 30000 Lirums into the shadowling's tiny outstretched paw. It greedily clutches the pile of coins and counts them rapidly. With an approving nod it trots over and takes your steel spellbook from you, adding a painting of a great emerald-green dragon roaring spouts of crimson flame to it deftly and swiftly. It shoves the spellbook back into your hands and grins widely before disappearing in a puff of silver smoke.

>look spell
The spellbook has been carefully bound in kertig-veined steel, which is scuffed and is beaded along the edges with some miniature platinum tower shields emblazoned with olive laurels and some miniature black basalt stone fists. Bold calligraphy inlaid in exquisite platinum leaf scrawls dramatically over the steel cover.

A ruby-eyed platinum dragon bloodlock has been attached to the spellbook. The platinum dragon bloodlock hangs loosely off the back cover.

Gwenddolyn
Re: Spellbook repair 05/31/2010 12:37 AM CDT
>>SILVEROS: Any help that can be given will be appreciated after I bought a painting of "a great emerald-green dragon roaring spouts of crimson flame" at the fest for the spellbook, it doesn't appear that the cover painting was added to the spellbook even though the messaging given below said that it was

This may be caused by the damage to your spellbook, although I was able to repaint a scuffed spellbook on May 16. (Repainting a damaged spellbook doesn't get rid of the scuffing; it merely replaces the cover painting.)

Mr. Gorbachev, tear down this wall rank!