How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/19/2010 01:54 AM CDT
I was able to copy a scroll to my Spellbook.

>invoke spell
You recite the words on the page and commit them to memory.
The parchment page turns to dust.
Roundtime: 20 sec.

Yet the spell is still there. And it says the parchment turned to dust. Just wondering it this is a bug, or perhaps my Arcana is just amazing and I can keep the spell a bit longer? Another thing I would like to know Is if the number of scrolls i can copy is limited? Or if i can buy another chapter for scrolls if it is.
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/19/2010 02:17 AM CDT
So I found someone that said you can use 100 pages. Is there a way to add more? And is there a way you can take out a spell you added. Cause i used Shape moonblade just to try it out. And I dont really want to keep it.
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/19/2010 09:48 AM CDT
My understanding of the 100 pages, is that their are always 100 pages in the book, if you fill them all you have 100 pages with spells, if you have 80 with spells, you have 80 filled, with 20 empty, as soon as you use the pages with spells (and they turn to dust), for example let's say you use 8 of those 80 pages, you now have 72 filled pages, with 28 empty pages.

What I am saying, is somehow your character fills it back in, or the magic of the spell book creates a new page to be added in.

Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/19/2010 11:55 AM CDT
Do you have a link where i can confirm this. Because If it doesn't just rejfill itself I want to by another book now while I can.
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/19/2010 03:10 PM CDT
Yeah its called scribing a scroll, invoking it, and then checking the number of pages again.

And what a surprise, its still at 100.

How many times do I need to post this?

- Executioner Korsik Rippentropp, Sociopath of M'riss

Baum says to Lillietta, "Problem is that Korsik is a very big boy."
Lillietta says, "He is mentally unstable."
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/19/2010 03:29 PM CDT
IIRC, the spell should be used up but the page remains.

~Sulakhan

"Under the sword lifted high, there is hell making you tremble. But go ahead, and you have the land of bliss."

~Miyamoto Musashi
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/21/2010 02:00 PM CDT
Since a bunch of people were asking if the 100 pages could be expended or replaced I decided to see if I could use all the pages in the spellbook.

Whether by intent or via a bug if a page has a scroll scribed into it and said page is invoked, the text claims that the page is destroyed but ability to invoke the scroll again continues to exist.

So my thoughts from this was either there is a bug preventing the pages from truly being destroyed or the scrolls stay in the book until it has been invoked or scribed 100 times (coming from the 100 page angle). So earlier today I while in sleep mode (to avoid mech abuse assuming it is a bug) I invoked the same page and purposely lost the spell via mana drain 110 times. After doing so I was able to scribe another spell into the spellbook which leads me to believe there is no limit currently to the number of times you can invoke a scribed scroll from your spellbook, but you can only scribe 100 total scrolls into it. Whether this is a bug or not i'll leave for the GM's to comment.

As a side note, anyone selling an incinerate scroll? (Good luck I know)

- Player of Callahaan Val'kesh
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/21/2010 03:58 PM CDT
I would hope either:

a. It's intended.

or

B. If it's not, then we will be able to buy multiple scroll leaf for our books.
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/21/2010 04:14 PM CDT
Definitely not intended...

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/21/2010 05:46 PM CDT
I don't know.. I really like how this works. Being able to learn what spells i want when I want. I do think the scroll value should go up and the drop rate should maybe be lowered. If it hasn't already. I think the message needs to be changed from when you invoke the page though. I think spellbooks will be at their deserved values now with this. Though I still want a note pad! Please bring them back!
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/21/2010 07:00 PM CDT
>I don't know.. I really like how this works. Being able to learn what spells i want when I want. I do think the scroll value should go up and the drop rate should maybe be lowered. If it hasn't already. I think the message needs to be changed from when you invoke the page though. I think spellbooks will be at their deserved values now with this.

No. A spellbook that had this function would sell for 1000 times what these sell for. I mean in theory, because in practice it would never be done. It is clearly a bug, so let's not get too attached to it.

>describe boar
It's a boar. It doesn't like you.
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/21/2010 09:12 PM CDT
No I like it. I mean i could understand if you memorized (studied) the scroll it should vanish. I like being able to just invoke spells here and there. And if it turns out it is a bug i would like them to change it to where you can keep it for so many cast and make it dependent on your Arcana Skill.
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/21/2010 10:10 PM CDT
Note: This is considered a serious bug and any attempt to duplicate / repeatedly use rare scrolls with it while we haven't fixed it yet will earn you a Bug Abuse warning from me, with love.

For basic stuff we will consider it a brief unexpected side benefit that shall end soon.

-Z
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/22/2010 12:25 PM CDT
To clarify my last post.

>a. It's intended.

>or

>B. If it's not, then we will be able to buy multiple scroll leaf for our books.

I was talking about the pages being reusable for new scrolls each time, NOT the scroll being repeatibly invokable without being destroyed. That makes no sense.

Thanks
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/23/2010 02:31 PM CDT
Now that this bug is fixed, can we please have Arcana training looked at? It was nice for the 1 day I was able to keep using my air bubble scroll to lock Arcana in a couple of minutes.
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/23/2010 03:24 PM CDT
Arcana + TM please.
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/23/2010 05:26 PM CDT
TM needs some work. I don't have problems learning it but that's because of Fire Rain, Chain Lightning and Rimefang. Yay War Mages!
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/24/2010 03:15 PM CDT
Okay- I have been searching the forums trying to find the clear instructions that I saw at one time on how to scribe your scroll onto your leaf- anyone mind repeating it or pointing me to the post?

I just don't want to screw up and mess up the spell I already have memorized.
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/24/2010 03:20 PM CDT
>>Okay- I have been searching the forums trying to find the clear instructions that I saw at one time on how to scribe your scroll onto your leaf- anyone mind repeating it or pointing me to the post?

There's instructions on the leaf itself if you turn to that chapter and read. I don't remember it offhand exactly but I think it's hold the scroll in your left hand and the spellbook in your right and scribe scroll
Re: How does the Scrolls add on work? 05/24/2010 03:40 PM CDT
Turn your spellbook to the chapter number that has the scrolls leaf.

Read spellbook to see if any pages are used and make a note of which page number you want to use.

Turn your spellbook to that page number.

Hold your scroll and type, "scribe spellbook"