Spellbook Accessories 05/29/2007 07:35 AM CDT
After the introduction of the compendiums, I feel like spellbooks' worth lay solely in RP. Could we please get the spellbook merchant back, with the crystals to protect against damage, and maybe the theft crystals too?

Also, could the price be dropped on said items? I love my spellbook, but I paid a ton for it a month before the compendiums came out so I could train scholarship, and now there's just no point. (I won't even get into the weight).

Axillus - Halfling Warrior Mage
>You charge your steel-toed footwrap at a musk hog.
Re: Spellbook Accessories 05/29/2007 07:58 AM CDT
spellbooks are more than just a tool for learning scholarship, they give you information on your guilds spells and stuff, including how much mana you can put into 'em, so you can plan your characters spell "tree".

And they are useful for a long time, although in the case of my TF empath, he now gets more out of the compedium because he's had all the spells the empath guild has to offer for quite a few circles now. But in the case of MM or WM spellbooks, they are much more useful because you have more spells available.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: Spellbook Accessories 05/29/2007 09:16 AM CDT
Perhaps have them teach a little Primary Magic. They are spellbooks after all, with spell information written in them.

::insert outraged posts here::

________
"Just an observation, but you do not seem to know what you are talking about, and the things you say seem generally unintelligent."
Re: Spellbook Accessories 05/29/2007 10:48 AM CDT
As a scholarship-teaching tool, spellbooks are completely, totally outclassed now by compendiums.

Spellbooks are still really nifty though.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page