Aint it a shame. 01/18/2006 02:50 PM CST
The players who've been saving up just to get one, have to shell out RL cash to get one without someone Elses name on it?

How bout putting this as one of the few things availible on the turtle, instead of hiding it from those who didn't get to buy everything last time he was here?
Re: Aint it a shame. 01/18/2006 07:33 PM CST
I'm hoping that the spellbook man will decide to visit the mainlands once the island sinks back into the depths, or whatever it does - or decide he wants more money and travel on over to the mainlands anyway. Some of us have waited an EXTREMELY long time for the chance to get one - missed it in the closing hours of the previous fest and were told not to worry, as he would return. I'd hate to think the GM's would say that and exclude people without real life cash.

~Chris
Re: Aint it a shame. 01/18/2006 07:36 PM CST
you know...once the spellbook merchant opens up, if it is on the Merlew island, drop me an email at my play.net address with the options you want on your spellbook and the case you want. I'll go in and price it for you and purchase it for IG coin, then you can barter for it at the Crossing bank. Will have my name, but won't be RL...:)...folks can tip me for the trouble, unless there are a lot of people asking for it, then I might tack on a 2-3 plat runners fee for each order.

Kythryn
Need herbs? The fine trader Nirveli now supplies my pouches and select herbs, just drop her an AIM at AuctionerNirveli for details!
Re: Aint it a shame. 01/18/2006 07:42 PM CST
There is a sign at the spellbook place that says the item bonds you when used. My spellbook has my name nowhere on it, so I'm sure that it doesn't mean you name gets put on it.

Ranger Dragamar, Toxophilite of Aesry Surlaenis'a
Re: Aint it a shame. 01/18/2006 07:43 PM CST
That sign has always been there and it has never actually bonded to you in the traditional "only the buyer can use it" sense. It does have your name on it, read the cover.

Rev. Reene, player of a few

You ask, "Who wants cake?"
>
Cayene says, "I'm good."
>
Cayene suddenly looks rather queasy.
Re: Aint it a shame. 01/18/2006 07:48 PM CST
Ok I was completely wrong, sorry. I should have known better than to comment on spellbooks.

Ranger Dragamar, Toxophilite of Aesry Surlaenis'a
Re: Aint it a shame. 01/18/2006 08:36 PM CST
I hope the price gets adjusted to account for inflation and the promise that spellbooks were meant to be a semi-rare item.

Lots more stuff coming 'Soon'!

http://www.zairius.com

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius