My Spellbook 09/06/2005 09:47 AM CDT
I've wanted one for so long, I thought I'd share what I picked out:

The spellbook has been carefully bound in fire-scorched ironwood, which is painted with a great emerald-green dragon roaring spouts of crimson flame. It appears to be in pristine condition and is beaded along the edges with some platinum-edged diamond Cleric Guild crests. Bold calligraphy inlaid in exquisite platinum leaf scrawls dramatically over the ironwood cover.

A ruby-eyed platinum dragon bloodlock has been attached to the spellbook. The platinum dragon's jaws are clenched tightly over the front end of the book, locking it shut.

A platinum dragon's claw socket has been inset in the spellbook's cover, just below the title. A flame red kuldaez crystal rests in the relentless clutches of the platinum dragon's claw.

It is stored in a platinum-brushed black ironwood spellbook case engraved with a rampaging dragon.

I added the Immortals, Healing Reagents and Writing leaves.

Player of:
Adzul the Cleric
Linus the Empath
Ignatius the Cleric
Ocatvius the Trader
Re: My Spellbook 09/06/2005 09:52 AM CDT
I'll second the buring desire for a spellbook that has plagued my life for so long so I'll share mine too.

The spellbook has been carefully bound in black silk, which is painted with a deathly black scorpion with a blood-red stinger. It appears to be in pristine condition and is beaded along the edges with some silver Moon Mage Guild crests, some fiery black opal gibbous moons and some flame-red garnet full moons. Bold calligraphy inlaid in graceful silver leaf scrawls dramatically over the silk-bound cover.

An opalescent triple moon bloodlock has been attached to the spellbook. The three moons have been drawn together into a single tightly-interlocking circle over the front end of the book, locking it shut.

A withered skeletal claw socket has been inset in the spellbook's cover, just below the title. The withered skeletal claw is splayed wide open, awaiting something to be placed within its grasp.
(I didn't put any dirty warmie crystal in my socket, hopefully they'll release some MM ones later on i.e. PD, Burn, or MB)

Inlaid in graceful silver leaf over the black silk cover of the spellbook is the title:

~ My Shadowling, My Servant: How Lunar Magic Can Improve Your Life for Ridia Sahoc ~

Stored in a soft black velvet spellbook case embroidered with glistening silver spiderwebs

No extra leaves.
Re: My Spellbook 09/06/2005 11:14 AM CDT
Mine isn't very fancy but I'm so thrilled to have it, thought I'd throw mine in the fray:

You get a small silver-bound spellbook case engraved with the Moon Mage Guild

The spellbook has been carefully bound in rosewood, which is in pristine condition and is beaded along the edges with some glistening grey pearl dolphins, some carved aquamarine oceanic waves and some opalescent seashells. Bold calligraphy scribed in thick black ink scrawls dramatically over the rosewood-bound cover.

gracefully flowing script on the handmade flower-and-linen parchment pages

Yay!

~Skylira Mer'luna~
Re: My Spellbook 09/06/2005 11:17 AM CDT
Speaking of which, there's a typo of sorts there. Moon Mage Guild is the only book that didn't have 'crest' at the end. Probably need to get that added on there so it makes more sense.
Re: My Spellbook 09/06/2005 11:20 AM CDT
I bugged a typo in the description of Shadewatch Mirror last night. Fixed this morning!

~Skylira Mer'luna~
Re: My Spellbook 09/06/2005 12:10 PM CDT
the original spellbook merchant was in kronar. since its down in shard, are all the prices now in dok?

"Word on the street is, ya been lookin' out for the best interests of the Guild."
Re: My Spellbook 09/06/2005 01:21 PM CDT
>>the original spellbook merchant was in kronar. since its down in shard, are all the prices now in dok?

Yes. Like most travelling merchants, the prices are usually in the local currency.

~Kyn (Kynevon)

Info Page http://kynevon.info
Mac OS X FE http://tinyurl.com/9xjyj
Amagaim's What to Hunt Chart
Excel format: http://tinyurl.com/44jlt
HTML format: http://tinyurl.com/6tpls
Re: My Spellbook 09/08/2005 11:31 AM CDT
a plush ebon shadow hound spellbook case clasped with two wicked silver fangs

a night black dinego bone spellbook
Inlaid in graceful silver leaf over the black dinego bone cover of the spellbook is the title:

~ Invocations of Elemental Essence for Eusscorpius Treadlightly ~

The spellbook has been carefully bound in black dinego bone, which is painted with a deathly black scorpion with a blood-red stinger. It appears to be in pristine condition and is beaded along the edges with some lacquered ebony scorpions with ruby-chip stingers, some pale ivory unicorns with diamond-chip horns and some silver Warrior Mage Guild crests. Bold calligraphy inlaid in graceful silver leaf scrawls dramatically over the dinego bone cover.

A gleaming obsidian wolf bloodlock has been attached to the spellbook. A glassy purple-black obsidian wolf's maw clamps tightly over the cover. Its eyes glisten with an iridescent opal luster.

A ruby blood wolf paw socket has been inset in the spellbook's cover, just below the title. An ice blue kuldaez crystal rests in the relentless clutches of the ruby blood wolf paw.

Exquisite silver leucro vellum pages bearing graceful black calligraphy fill the thick spellbook.

Ok, so it's my wife's not mine but mine is years old and I am/was excited to be able to get her one.

Xavain
Re: My Spellbook 09/08/2005 02:41 PM CDT
Cleric titles:
A Treatise on Holy Magic

Undeath Abatement and Banishment: An Arcanum of Holy Enchantments

Soul Reaver: Insights on the Nature of the Spirit

Soul Healer: Insights on the Nature of the Spirit

Theosophic Machinations: An Arcanum of Divine Essence

Benevolent Blessings: Ways of the Light Cleric

The Scales Of Balance: Ways of the Neutral Cleric

Malevolent Mysticism: Ways of the Dark Cleric

The Becoming: An Arcanum of Holy Lore and Mysticism

A Dissertation on The Immortals and Holy Magic

A Guide to Raising a Family: Dealing With Multiple Corpses on Little or No Mana

An Elder's Guide to Holy Magic

I got a chuckle over the family raising one.

Thrall of Dergati,
Heroiklim Zortal
Re: My Spellbook 09/08/2005 03:25 PM CDT
>>I got a chuckle over the family raising one.

Same here.

Syralon
Cleric of Ushnish
"'You're saying we have wars,' Saint Gut-Free says, 'because we have a low threshold for boredom?'
And the Missing Link says, 'We have wars because we deny that low threshold.'"