Spellbooks for Scrolls 01/20/2017 10:07 AM CST
I'm not sure this is the right place for this, and/or if it's already been suggested (or suggested a bunch), but -

Man, I would KILL for a 'spellbook' that did the following things:
- Allowed me to transcribe spellscrolls into it, destroying the spellscroll.
- Allowed me to tear pages out of it, to sell the spellscroll.

I wouldn't care if such an item only produced a middle grade scroll or had limited uses (say, 20 pages). My backpack is currently FILLED with spellscrolls (50+).
Re: Spellbooks for Scrolls 05/18/2017 02:00 PM CDT
This was definitely on someones lists somewhere. I remember GMs having discussions about it. I'm thinking maybe Evike... unfortunately.
Re: Spellbooks for Scrolls 05/18/2017 03:16 PM CDT
Im confuseled. My spellbook does request #1 now, All spells that I want to keep for use by myself I put in there. As for the #2 request, Im in agreement it would be great to be able to remove them if it wouldn't damage the spellbook by doing so.

Rehlyn

Well, see, there's the linchpin of why everything you're saying is wrong. There's the fulcrum. There's the centerpiece. There's the turkey on the Thanksgiving table.
Re: Spellbooks for Scrolls 05/18/2017 07:31 PM CDT
>Im confuseled. My spellbook does request #1 now, All spells that I want to keep for use by myself I put in there. As for the #2 request, Im in agreement it would be great to be able to remove them if it wouldn't damage the spellbook by doing so.

Naohhi had scroll stackers on her list.

The only way to remove spells from current spellbooks is to invoke the scroll. You have to use it or lose it (release it). The request/plan was for a scroll stacker where you could take X amount of scrolls, scribe them all into a stacker/grimoire so you'd be able to see your inventory of spells listed by name like spellbooks and deed registers list material deeds. The difference between scroll stackers and spellbooks would be that you could copy the inscribed spell scrolls back and forth in and out of the stacker to and from scrolls without the need to invoke them. You wouldn't be able to make multiple copies but you could transport and organize many spells without it destroying your inventory count but still carry them for sale or gifts. Hopefully if we ever see scroll stackers the old spellbooks would be updated to this mechanic.

Presumably scroll stackers face the same challenge as bringing back Mystical Machinations - being able to call every spell is complicated.
Re: Spellbooks for Scrolls 06/03/2017 09:31 AM CDT

Was looking for my post but cant find it. And remembered this one.

Check out:

lurid pink tent covered in all sizes of hearts

Scroll Stacker Books!

means I can clean out 100s of scrolls now....

elan link example: https://elanthipedia.play.net/Item:Ornately_bound_scroll_folio_dyed_a_pale_violet