Island tasks? 11/30/2007 10:04 PM CST
Hey all. I'm not too familiar with the tasks system, it was released while I was on hiatus and I've only ever tried it once. Is there a purpose to it other than small coin and something to do, or does it earn you longer term rewards?

More importantly -- are there any task givers on Ratha or Aesry? I tried asking my GL on Ratha and no luck.

What happens in Qi, stays in Qi.
Re: Island tasks? 11/30/2007 10:22 PM CST
The main goal of the task system is to give novices some real spending money. Right now, it's cash-only rewards but they plan to add item prizes, RPAs/PIRPs and other sorts of rewards, and those temporary titles that disappear on logoff.

Tasks are only available in novicetowns. No idea if they plan to expand to all areas, but I would think so.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: Island tasks? 11/30/2007 10:43 PM CST
>>The main goal of the task system is to give novices some real spending money. Right now, it's cash-only rewards but they plan to add item prizes, RPAs/PIRPs and other sorts of rewards, and those temporary titles that disappear on logoff.

>>Tasks are only available in novicetowns. No idea if they plan to expand to all areas, but I would think so.

Oh ok. I thought it was a lowbie system but somebody a few posts back mentioned a task to kill a malchata, so I thought maybe it was a more scalable system.

Thanks for the reply.

What happens in Qi, stays in Qi.
Re: Island tasks? 12/01/2007 12:05 AM CST
it is a scaleable system, but it only has been put into place for NPCs in crossing and riverhaven. Although it DOES send you out to the islands to kill stuff. So far I haven't seen it send anyone to anywhere in P5.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>