payout discrepency for tasks? 10/25/2007 12:15 AM CDT
my barbarian tog <circle 34, highest weapon LE at 164> and my dwarf cleric <circle 46, highest weapon MB at 154> received the IDENTICAL kill-boss task from Anthelorm in haven, to kill the unyn on aesry named Araele.

I completed the task with both characters <not at the same time, but one after the other, the barb killed it first, then my cleric went into the caves and fought.

However, when it was time for payout:

my cleric got this:

>ask ant about task
Anthelorm says, "Thank you very much, Kadoshgonif. I have a few things here for you, thank you so much for your help."
Anthelorm hands you 1512 Lirums.

my barb got this:

>ask ant about task
Anthelorm says, "Thank you very much, Barzella. I have a few things here for you, thank you so much for your help."
Anthelorm hands you 958 Lirums.

why such a big discrepancy? It was the exact same critter that I had to kill for both tasks?

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/25/2007 12:24 AM CDT
I don't know for sure, but I can theorize a few reasons.

Firstly it's clear there's some randomness built in to the prices awarded for various tasks.

Second, it appears to me that the price goes down depending on how many other tasks you have completed recently. I'm not certain if this is for all tasks or just those with that specific task-giver.

Third, discrimination, DR style. It's long been known that certain shopkeepers give price breaks to people either on the basis of guild or race. Maybe the same dynamic is at work in the task system.

~ Player of Farman et al.

http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/Main_Page
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/25/2007 12:34 AM CDT
Whats the Charisma difference between the two characters?

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/25/2007 12:37 AM CDT
barb :
Strength : 30 Reflex : 24
Agility : 23 Charisma : 20
Discipline : 20 Wisdom : 20
Intelligence : 20 Stamina : 25
Favors: 8
Concentration: 105 Max: 105
TDPs: 30
Encumbrance: Light Burden

cleric:

Strength : 26 Reflex : 25
Agility : 25 Charisma : 21
Discipline : 30 Wisdom : 26
Intelligence : 26 Stamina : 30
Favors: 12
Concentration: 188 Max: 188
TDPs: 82
Encumbrance: Light Burden

only 1 point different on charisma.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/25/2007 11:59 AM CDT
Discrepancy aside, is it really with it for 1.5 gold even?
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/25/2007 12:10 PM CDT
>Discrepancy aside, is it really with it for 1.5 gold even?

Aside from being a fun distraction from normal hunting? Though I do agree, boss tasks need a bit more benefit added to them, be it payout or access to different or rare treasure/equipment carried by the boss creature. Personally Id lean towards the treasure/equipment side, that would make a much flavorful system then "Kill X for Y coin."

Elusive
mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/25/2007 12:25 PM CDT
>Personally Id lean towards the treasure/equipment side, that would make a much flavorful system then "Kill X for Y coin."

Agreed.
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/30/2007 07:04 PM CDT
It has already been stated that tasks will eventually lead to gaining items along with or rather then coins.
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/30/2007 07:32 PM CDT
>It has already been stated that tasks will eventually lead to gaining items along with or rather then coins.

It has been suggested that this may happen. If it was promised please direct me to the post.
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/30/2007 09:45 PM CDT
Actually, it was inferred. Obseden's words I believe were "non-monetary rewards", but I don't think he ever spelled out what was or was not possible. That said, you'd have to be a fool to think that plain items (probably somewhere between stuff like goat charms and decently useful/worthful uncommon or rare treasure) would not be the most common alternative.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/31/2007 06:19 AM CDT
yeah, well, my barb really has no use for magical items, or even fluff as rewards. she'd rather make the cash.

Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/31/2007 11:08 AM CDT
<<yeah, well, my barb really has no use for magical items, or even fluff as rewards. she'd rather make the cash.>>

So.. go hunting..
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 10/31/2007 11:29 AM CDT
>yeah, well, my barb really has no use for magical items, or even fluff as rewards. she'd rather make the cash.

Maybe your barb should just go hunt. I don't see the point in another moneymaking system like trading with no variety or excitement.
Re: payout discrepency for tasks? 11/01/2007 10:13 PM CDT
I bet if there were a "total tasks completed" leaderboard somewhere that might be incentive enough for some people to do tasks.

-Sephos