not sure if a bug or not 10/17/2007 05:57 AM CDT
speaking of mr blind beggar -
he gave my TF empath a skinning task <my prime empath never has been given a skinning task so i'm not sure if its a bug or not>.

anyhow, my empath has 55 skinning there. but he was sent to shiprats.

he tried to complete it, but even manipulating 3 shiprats at a time, none of them were able to kill the other shiprats before the "timer" on how long a critter is able to stay with you at melee expired. additionally, as my empath knows a bit about brawling, the rats tended to flee from him. And oddly enough, he wasn't able to grapple any of them <i'll bug that in the brawling combat folder>.

So, he grabbed a different task. again, i'm not sure if the task was appropriate for an empath to do on his/her own.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: not sure if a bug or not 10/17/2007 02:08 PM CDT
Nope, Empaths are eligible to receive skinning tasks, just not kill critter or Item recovery - critters tasks.

-GM Obseden
"To everything there is a season, and a time to every purpose under heaven."
"Anything's possible. Especially since I'm rewriting the system."
Re: not sure if a bug or not 10/17/2007 06:30 PM CDT
As far as the task is concerned, it's not a bug. Foraging and Skinning tasks are the two that when given don't even require the task-taker to engage in the task-completing activity. All that matters is that you accept the task and are the one turning in the loot for the reward. Everything else forces the task-taker to perform the action.

As for your question on why you were sent to rats despite having skinning skill way beyond that, it's all based on your weapon skill as dictated by your right hand (I don't think offhand counts for this). If you are holding a weapon, then the skill that that weapon teaches will be the basis for the task difficulty. I was under the assumption this was only for the kill tasks, but apparently it's for all the critter-based tasks.

J'Lo, I'm a ranger.. I'd believe anything.....
The Manipulation List -- http://symphaena.com/index.html
Re: not sure if a bug or not 10/17/2007 07:51 PM CDT
<<If you are holding a weapon, then the skill that that weapon teaches will be the basis for the task difficulty.>>

my empath was only holding the knife when i actually went into rats to attempt to skin. my empath has about 88 ME, and when i requested the task i was holding no weapon, and i have 87 brawl.

<<If nothing else, maybe some Magic Using guilds will now feel the joys of "You cannot steal here.", at least for a while.--Solomon>>
Re: not sure if a bug or not 10/19/2007 04:38 AM CDT
Whoever came up with the names for all the objects/bosses in TF.. you know us so well.

Also had to kill me a Malchata named Obseden. A truly vicious beast.