Foraging Task 08/23/2013 01:55 PM CDT
I'm looking for feedback from those of you who have done / continue to do this particular task. Some of the options in there seem to carry area/time/etc restrictions that can make it frustrating. Besides checking into those issues, how could this be made more interesting and/or less frustrating?

SGM Zadraes
Logistics Lead
Premium Lead
Trader Guild Advocate
Re: Foraging Task 08/23/2013 02:56 PM CDT
If I recall, the syntax throws me everytime. It's either give <person> or give <item> to <person> and I get it backwards every time.

What about handing over a bag full of the items instead of one at a time; like the firewood meddler in Crossing does with branches? That would cut down on the number of commands involved with actually turning the stuff in. I think one time I had 14 and the guy kept walking off while I was handing them over.

What about asking for a specific volume of mined nuggets to tie it into mining? A good way to get rid of common nuggets, but still carries the chance to find a small rare. Although you would have to measure the size of the nugget handed in to keep track of the actual volume, instead of just # of nuggets, and might have to put a quality restriction on it so they don't just get store-bought nuggets. Or you could just ask for an ingot of a specific volume and minimum quality, if someone bought store nuggets it would still take a while to refine them and the cost would eat into the profit of doing the task.
Re: Foraging Task 08/23/2013 05:11 PM CDT
>I'm looking for feedback from those of you who have done / continue to do this particular task. Some of the options in there seem to carry area/time/etc restrictions that can make it frustrating. Besides checking into those issues, how could this be made more interesting and/or less frustrating?

If it's possible, change the payout. Put in the chance to win a medium-level rare crafting mat, or something nice, instead of 'here's a rock, here's a silver' exchanges. Maybe more appropriate for search tasks, since those are more obnoxious and tedious, but seems kinda appropriate for 'go forage me 30 rocks, now here's a rare one'

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Foraging Task 08/23/2013 05:50 PM CDT
I found the foraging tasks to be some of the most straight forward tasks (and least time consuming).

As far as the HE2012 foraging task, the only problem with it was how it was setup to have on some cases such a high number needed before payout would occur.

---
"I think anything that forces you to do something no sane adventurer would do just in order to train is ridiculous."
DR-SOCHARIS

---
Victory Over Lyras, on the 397th year and 156 days since the Victory of Lanival the Redeemer.
Re: Foraging Task 08/23/2013 08:33 PM CDT
> Some of the options in there seem to carry area/time/etc restrictions that can make it frustrating.

Foraging is really one of the better tasks (search-quests sending you to Crossing is obnoxious) aside from getting an out-of-season request.

Berries in winter is a terrible thing to ask a novice.

I agree the payout could see an uptick. The only thing I really use fetch-tasks for are to cover the materials cost of a work-order.

It would be very nice if the task-givers were smart enough to take combined items instead of having to hand over a dozen or more items one at a time.
Re: Foraging Task 08/23/2013 09:47 PM CDT
I'm okay with most tasks except ones that require me to go to another province.

Those are terrible.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).
Re: Foraging Task 08/23/2013 10:48 PM CDT
>I'm okay with most tasks except ones that require me to go to another province.

>Those are terrible.

So...2/3 of the tasks? I haven't checked in a while, but I stopped using the task system because unless I got a search/forage task (which have their own issues) 5/6 of the delivery tasks I got were 'go to Muspari from Crossings' or something equally stupid.

I'm a badger, I be badgerin'
Re: Foraging Task 08/23/2013 11:03 PM CDT
>>So...2/3 of the tasks?

Basically. Most of my tasks were foraging ones.

The teeth lands a solid (5/23) hit that pokes the teeth into Turul's rear end (more embarrassing than painful!).