1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Smite Foe and Branch Break 09/17/2005 10:47 AM CDT
It's a calcs issue. Basically, where is the 'zero point' for the calcs? At equal stats, how much mana do I need to land the spell at minimum effect?

Orpheus: "You've been powering this machine with a forsaken child?"
Venture: "What? It's not like I used the whole thing."
Re: Smite Foe and Branch Break 09/17/2005 12:47 PM CDT
>I really think that BB is inline at this point, it's something that doesn't work very well on barbs for BMR, that paladins have few problems dealing with due to armor and stamina, that's hard to break through shear and SoD, and that is so hopelessly dependant on balance.

It may possibly be inline if you feel that some guilds having attack spells based on a pseudo-circle calculations is in balance. But since some guilds are forced to actually use attack spells to get better at them I feel stat based contests for spells are inherently out of balance. Hopefully when we finally get some magic gurus they can squash this oversight.

'Slimy Yet Satisfying' - Miko Mido

Supreme Bunny Overlord Zairius
Re: Smite Foe and Branch Break 09/18/2005 12:52 AM CDT
The problem with the "equal stats" part of your question is that the calcs for SvA are very hard to get that "equal stats" part. SvA has 4 stats on the attacking side (agl, ref, disc, cha) and only 2 on the defense (ref, agl) but also has evasion to defend as well as being effected heavily by balance.

Anyone has any ideas on how to zero out all those factors and get a solid test in I'd be up for trying.

-Teeklin

"Those who dream by night, in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that all was vanity; but the dreamers of day are dangerous men for they may act their dream with open eyes and make it possible."
Re: Smite Foe and Branch Break 09/18/2005 02:18 PM CDT
This issue of evasion on the defender's side (and TM on the attacker's side) being a part of SvA spells is a bug and is to be fixed. I dislike balance being a factor on the defender's side, as it makes protecting ones self from SvA spells impossible when unbalanced, and makes hitting an incredibly balanced target extremely difficult.

Also, just because there are more stats on attacker's side of the equation doesn't mean that the attacker automatically has an advantage over the defender - the defender's two stats provide as much, defensively, as the attacker's four stats do offensively.

Orpheus: "You've been powering this machine with a forsaken child?"
Venture: "What? It's not like I used the whole thing."
Re: Smite Foe and Branch Break 09/18/2005 03:14 PM CDT
Although I'd like to see stat spells balanced out as much as the next person, I do think balance should be a factor in SvA spells for both the defender and the attacker. Allows for more strategy, you see.

Thillieir, Prophet of G'nar Peth

J'aime le bebe.
Re: Smite Foe and Branch Break 11/12/2005 09:44 AM CST
have all the SvA spells been reviewed and updated? I remember the GMs saying that these contested spells would be changed so that their damage potential was inline (ie. <TM)
Re: Smite Foe and Branch Break 12/30/2005 02:46 PM CST
Yes please update this hehe :P
1 3 Next Next_page