1 3 Next Next_page
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/16/2020 06:04 PM CST
>The disappear mechanic goes away after a little bit, so just hold on to them before putting on the shelf.

Thanks! In general, is "a little bit" like an hour? A day?

And (sorry for the novice questions!), but is that actual time, or "logged in" time? As in, can I just stuff it all into a backpack on an alt and come back for it, or does it need to stay on me while I'm logged in?

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/16/2020 06:44 PM CST
BURGLE TYPO will now just send you to the HELP output.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/16/2020 08:54 PM CST
>Are you searching/rummaging a surface?

Yes.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/17/2020 02:20 AM CST
You realize the majority of the experience isn't awarded until you make your escape, right?
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/17/2020 06:08 AM CST
>You realize the majority of the experience isn't awarded until you make your escape, right?

Not sure how that's relevant to the fact that searching isn't granting any experience, when it should.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

"Disagreement with the fundamental plan at this point is akin to supporting Richard III vs the Tudors." -Raesh
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/17/2020 07:10 AM CST
> Not sure how that's relevant to the fact that searching isn't granting any experience, when it should.

Because if you're basing that on having checked your exp immediately after searching, rather than waiting until you've escaped, you'll think that it's not teaching when it really is.
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/17/2020 07:23 AM CST
>Because if you're basing that on having checked your exp immediately after searching, rather than waiting until you've escaped, you'll think that it's not teaching when it really is.

You clearly only partially understand how experience works with Breaking and Entering.

You get entry method + stealth + thievery when exiting.
You get thievery + stealth (if hidden/invis) when searching (immediately). Regardless of if you find something or not. It's that last part (not finding anything) that doesn't appear to be awarding experience for me.

Character 1:

H> search counter
You rummage around the long counter, until you find a small organza sphere painted with the crest of Leth Deriel. It looks valuable, so you decide to take it.
Roundtime: 7 sec.
Learned: Thievery(+9), Stealth(+2)
HR>

Character 2:

IH> sear cou
You rummage around the counter, but find nothing that looks valuable.
Roundtime: 8 sec.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/17/2020 11:48 AM CST
> You get thievery + stealth (if hidden/invis) when searching (immediately). Regardless of if you find something or not. It's that last part (not finding anything) that doesn't appear to be awarding experience for me.

Because you’re incorrect. You do not get experience for finding nothing. You can search/rummage again on that container to try and find something.

Javac
That one guy

If you have questions or comments in regard to this post please email me at DR-JAVAC@play.net.
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/17/2020 11:52 AM CST
>You do not get experience for finding nothing. You can search/rummage again on that container to try and find something.

Thanks for the clarification Javac!

~*~ Kythryn ~*~
"Always do sober what you said you'd do drunk. That will teach you to keep your mouth shut." - Ernest Hemingway
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/17/2020 12:57 PM CST
>Because you’re incorrect. You do not get experience for finding nothing. You can search/rummage again on that container to try and find something.

Good to know. The original notes don't seem to imply that. Thank you for clarifying.

>- You gain experience from SEARCHing or RUMMAGing through each surface in the rooms, Thievery and Stealth (if you're hidden/invisible)

TG, TG, GL, et al.

Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/19/2020 08:32 PM CST
Any chance of autoloot lootsack compatibility with the Breaking and Entering system? Just seems like it would be thematically appropriate to stash your burglarized loot into a lootsack.

Documentation is a love letter you write to your future self.
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/21/2020 05:19 PM CST
Do you have to enter and leave as a group for the time discount? When I sneak around in the house my group breaks so everyone exits themselves.
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/21/2020 09:10 PM CST
>Do you have to enter and leave as a group for the time discount? When I sneak around in the house my group breaks so everyone exits themselves.

You have to enter together (otherwise you'd go to separate microsegs). After that, you can split up and exit together. There's also very little reason to SNEAK unless you're a Thief with 0s RTs.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/22/2020 09:49 AM CST
The cooldown is now in real life time instead of logged in time. This is live in all instances.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/23/2020 06:57 AM CST
>The cooldown is now in real life time instead of logged in time. This is live in all instances.

Awesome!

~Hunter Hanryu
>I would like to avoid the collection of broken dreams and sorrow that is the Ranger guild.~Agalea
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/23/2020 10:12 AM CST
>You have to enter together (otherwise you'd go to separate microsegs). After that, you can split up and exit together. There's also very little reason to SNEAK unless you're a Thief with 0s RTs.

Even during the daytime with the sun up? It's not auto arrest if you're visible?
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/23/2020 07:57 PM CST
If you burgle during the day without being in hiding/invisible you will get automatically arrested.

Once you're inside there's no point in sneaking. You gain stealth experience from searching a surface while hiding or invisible, but the time limit is tight and wasting precious seconds sneaking is probably not worth it.

“I’m sorry that your mystical, godlike powers do not instantly work as you would like them to.”
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/24/2020 05:44 AM CST
>Even during the daytime with the sun up? It's not auto arrest if you're visible?

Grouping mechanics work while invisible/hiding.

TG, TG, GL, et al.

Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/25/2020 06:09 PM CST
Any chance for the official word on which primary skillsets unlock which rooms?

Known:
- Kitchen is always present.
- Bedroom is always present.
- Survival Primary can unlock any of the remaining rooms (Sanctum, Library, Work Room, Armory).
- Armor Primary (Paladins) don't unlock anything.
- Magic Primary unlock the Sanctum.
- Lore Primary appears to unlock the Library.

I'm not quite sure on the rest. I've heard reports of Weapon Primary (Barbarians) unlocking both the Work Room and the Armory. Someone on Discord mentioned a commoner unlocking the Work Room, but I don't have a lot of details there. Being Survival Prime myself I can't say one way or another.

Related: thank you Javac and team. I played with the system a little in DRT before release, but I didn't quite grasp how much I was going to like this until it landed in Prime.

- I
Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/26/2020 12:33 AM CST
>Any chance for the official word on which primary skillsets unlock which rooms?

Honestly, I thought I had released this info, but you're most of the way there.

- Kitchen is always present.
- Bedroom is always present.
- Survival Primary can unlock any of the remaining rooms (Sanctum, Library, Work Room, Armory).
- Armor Primary (Paladins) don't unlock anything.
- Magic Primary unlock the Sanctum.
- Lore Primary appears to unlock the Library.
- Weapon Primary unlock the Armory.
- Commoner unlock the Work Room

There was a bug that sometimes extra directions were left there, letting you walk into someone else's B&E or into an Empty Room. We think we've fixed this now, so if you see the Work Room as a Barbarian again, please let me know as it's a bug.

Javac
That one guy

Re: Breaking and Entering in Test 02/26/2020 12:51 AM CST
>> Honestly, I thought I had released this info, but you're most of the way there.

Awesome. Thank you!

- I
1 3 Next Next_page