DP Assassin Boxes 11/01/2013 10:36 AM CDT
Assuming the positives outweigh the negatives, can assassin box difficulty please be adjusted a bit so it falls closer to the middle between resuscitant and intercessor boxes? The gap is so large that even when resus boxes ID as trivially constructed gadgets, assassin boxes ID around "odds against you" or "longshot" and I'm not sure if there are enough, if any, box dropping critters in between.

Kaxis made an excellent post over a year ago covering box difficulty, which highlights that gap well. http://elanthipedia.org/w/index.php/Post:Box_Difficulty_For_Mid_to_High_Level_Critters_-_08/29/2012_-_11:36

The change shouldn't impact teaching in a negative way since low difficulty boxes teach best anyway, excluding the simplest of course, and the change should help bridge the gap between resus and intercessor boxes.
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 11/01/2013 10:52 AM CDT
That would be awesome if assassin box difficulty could be tweaked down slightly. That gap is insane, and it would make sense to narrow it somewhat

Apu
_
Respect. Integrity. World Domination.
https://sites.google.com/site/apucorpdr/
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 11/01/2013 11:49 AM CDT
I... have no idea how to do that or even what controls it. If no one else takes a look at it I'll try and squeeze in some time to learn the system after HE13.

-Raesh

"Ever notice that B.A.'s flavor text swells in direct proportion to how much one of our characters is getting screwed?" - Brian Van Hoose
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 11/01/2013 04:17 PM CDT
<3
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 11/01/2013 06:29 PM CDT

My hope continues to be for a NEW undead skinable and box dropping critter that fills the gap.
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 11/02/2013 10:34 AM CDT
Adan'f Aeromancer, heh.
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 06/24/2014 02:03 PM CDT

Any word on whether or not these can be tweaked?
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 06/24/2014 11:18 PM CDT

>My hope continues to be for a NEW undead skinable and box dropping critter that fills the gap.

Did Thralls and Magi make it over from 3.1 test?

If so, maybe we could get a hint as to where they are in-game, the portal in test was obviously just temporary for testing purposes.

I bring this up because I believe those new critters would fill the gap in locksmithing that this thread is talking about.
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 06/24/2014 11:39 PM CDT
>Did Thralls and Magi make it over from 3.1 test?
>If so, maybe we could get a hint as to where they are in-game, the portal in test was obviously just temporary for >testing purposes.

https://elanthipedia.play.net/mediawiki/index.php/Post:Of_Bureaucrats_and_Barricades_..._-_on_02/21/2013_-_18:49

"...The Xala'shar encampment was destroyed by our faithful Guildleaders and other helping hands and there has been no threat since that time. The military forces from Ulf'Hara Keep, dispatched immediately following the guild leaders’ efforts, have pushed the Xala'shar threat deep into the Journalai mountains..."

Xala'shar don't exist as a 24/7 mob currently.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 06/25/2014 11:33 AM CDT

>Xala'shar don't exist as a 24/7 mob currently.

But they were going to be 24/7 starting in 3.1, much like moths were a new hunting area and critter, these were intended to be also.

Someone built an entire hunting area, two critters, and then they were tested and tweaked to be a very specific skill range, throughout four months of 3.1 test...

I'd be amazed if people went to all that work just to not use any of it.

But hey, thanks for that link.
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 06/25/2014 01:34 PM CDT
Pretty sure it was specifically stated that they were not going to be permanent, and were only there for a quick high level test subject.

I don't know about the area through the portal but the critters didn't seem any different from what was invading in Prime when the circle cap was raised. All they really did for test was turn on a recently made invasion critter for us to test with.
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 06/25/2014 02:03 PM CDT
I wouldn't mind seeing the area behind the gate opened up. Xala'shar seem like a fine candidate for being behind it.

>[Limestone Valley, Marble Gate]
A tall arch is carved into the wall and set with a solid marble gate. Although there's no apparent locking mechanism, the gate is solidly closed. Fresh air drifts through the narrow crack around the slab carrying a hint of pine.
You also see a circular tar pit and a small obsidian altar with a two-headed viper skeleton on it.
Obvious paths: east, west.
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 06/25/2014 02:43 PM CDT
>[Limestone Valley, Marble Gate]

I'd like to see Xala'shar behind that gate as well. If their hunting grounds extended far enough west to give us a traversible path (with a survival barrier) between northern Forfedhar, Knife Clan and Therengia; even better.

>But they were going to be 24/7 starting in 3.1, much like moths were a new hunting area and critter, these were intended to be also.

Happen to have a link to that post? I couldn't find anything that said that.

Vote:
http://www.topmudsites.com/vote-DragonRealms.html
Re: DP Assassin Boxes 06/26/2014 02:06 AM CDT
This was on 2013-12-30.

>Chatter[Socharis] Doing well, just tackling various issues atm. I've got some high-level hunting for you guys to try out, just so see how it feels

>Chatter[Socharis] Got the xala'shar area mostly taken care of. Still need to finish some stuff with the area itself but the critters are flexed and ready

>Chatter[Socharis] I'll drop an arch leading into the area at the NE gate here in a bit, I don't actually have the access part of it finished

>Socharis says, "Not here - This specific area is to bolster the 700-900 range right now."

>You ask, "So where is this gonna be?"

>Socharis says, "Mainland, but I'm not gonna tell more than that."

But now that I'm re-reading all this I notice he did also say something that implied that there's going to be an "event" before it opens...

Oh well, guess I'll just keep waiting... I only want to backtrain weapons there, but these boxes would really fill a gap in the training ladder for probably a lot of people.