Hunt addition suggestion 06/16/2010 03:09 PM CDT
Could we please maybe add whether the person/critter(s) is alive or dead in the hunt verb?

-Armifer says consequences are how we honor evil roleplaying.
-Abasha says, "Personally, I love supporting evil characters, but not if they can't take their lumps too.
-Quarel says, "Not me I hit you because I like to hit."
Re: Hunt addition suggestion 06/16/2010 03:10 PM CDT
>>Could we please maybe add whether the person/critter(s) is alive or dead in the hunt verb?

Yes please. I've hunted down a couple critters that hadn't decayed yet, it's quite annoying.
Re: Hunt addition suggestion 06/16/2010 03:16 PM CDT
From the convenience side of things, it's a no brainer.

But on the reality check side, I am forced to ask: how would you know, if you are simply looking around for tracks?

>>You take note of all the tracks in the area, so that you can hunt anything nearby down.

A dead critter still leaves tracks, provided they weren't dead a few minutes ago.
Re: Hunt addition suggestion 06/16/2010 03:21 PM CDT
>>But on the reality check side, I am forced to ask: how would you know, if you are simply looking around for tracks?

Same way you track down PCs that didn't necessarily go through your room.
Re: Hunt addition suggestion 06/16/2010 03:21 PM CDT
Oh and the same way that you know that they're hiding (if you have enough skill)
Re: Hunt addition suggestion 06/16/2010 03:55 PM CDT
>>Oh and the same way that you know that they're hiding (if you have enough skill)

Both of these are accomplishable through mundane means. I won't bother lecturing you on tracking, so long story short: when you're attempting to move unnoticed, it affects the tracks you do leave.

As for how you'd notice someone who hasn't "moved through your room," I'd imagine you just step outside the box.
Re: Hunt addition suggestion 06/16/2010 05:13 PM CDT
>>Both of these are accomplishable through mundane means. I won't bother lecturing you on tracking, so long story short: when you're attempting to move unnoticed, it affects the tracks you do leave.

>>As for how you'd notice someone who hasn't "moved through your room," I'd imagine you just step outside the box.

I'm not sure what you mean by step outside the box and why it can't be applied to telling if something was dead, same for telling someone is hiding. If you can tell they're hiding from who knows how far away (remember that rooms can be extremely long) then you should be able to tell if they're dead as well.

This is all beside the point though, you're talking real life. This is a game. Playability trumps realism.
Re: Hunt addition suggestion 06/17/2010 06:25 AM CDT
>But on the reality check side, I am forced to ask: how would you know, if you are simply looking around for tracks?

Playability >>>>>>>>> Realism.

I thought we learned this lesson already?

-pete
Re: Hunt addition suggestion 01/05/2011 03:50 AM CST
Perhaps A slight bump to perception's exp pool each time you HUNT?
Re: Hunt addition suggestion 01/05/2011 04:42 AM CST
>Perhaps A slight bump to perception's exp pool each time you HUNT?

You mean learn Perception when you hunt? It already does that.

If not, I'm not sure what you mean.

"Your suffering amuses me" -GM Raesh

Hunta Talna Kortok, built by Gor'Togs, for Gor'Togs
http://www.angelfire.com/rpg2/caraamon/home.html
Blunts for Sale:
http://www.elanthipedia.com/wiki/User:Caraamon#Wares