Exalted Guilds 05/22/2010 01:52 AM CDT
This is basically building off of a few of the ideas I have already seen in the folder and explored in other games as well. You have your BASE guilds as follows:

Warrior Mage
Cleric
Empath
Necromancer
Barbarian
Paladin
Moon Mage
Thief
Trader
Ranger

Instead of making new guilds, allow the guilds to specialize into an exalted guild once the character meets the requirement. For instance, you are a empath and have studied the earth extensively bringing you more in tune with nature. This combination could allow the advent of the Druids. But, this would also allow more skills that have be "guild-specific" to more learned generally. However, some of the abilities you can use would be limited by your original guild. And perhaps for every circle you gained in the exalted guild you would have to gain two in your primary profession. I believe, with work this could provide an amazing amount of depth to the game, however for the moment this is all I have on it.
Re: Exalted Guilds 05/22/2010 02:01 AM CDT
>>You have your BASE guilds as follows:

Poor Bards.

-Armifer
"In our days truth is taken to result from the effacing of the living man behind the mathematical structures that think themselves out in him, rather than he be thinking them." - Emmanuel Levinas
Re: Exalted Guilds 05/22/2010 02:03 AM CDT
> Poor Bards.

I took it to mean Bards were already members of the exalted guilds. After all, there is nothing base about bards!

- GM Dartenian

Though my soul may set in darkness it will rise in perfect light. I have loved the stars too fondly to be fearful of the night! - Sarah Williams
Re: Exalted Guilds 05/22/2010 02:07 AM CDT
<<Poor Bards.>>

win

"I am well versed in being a Warrior Mage. Cast Thunderclap. Throw weapon. If miss, report the target for cheating."
Re: Exalted Guilds 05/22/2010 02:08 AM CDT
Well all bards are off base, so then, how could they be a BASE guild?
Re: Exalted Guilds 05/22/2010 11:27 AM CDT
:|

-=Issus=-
Re: Exalted Guilds 05/23/2010 05:44 AM CDT
That's... telling.
Re: Exalted Guilds 07/15/2010 02:37 PM CDT
While its sounds cool I think its fairly redundent considering the new feat/technique system on the way.

While you'll still be a Thief (for example) as a profession you can adjust these feats/techniques toward your desired niche. Be it an Assassin, Thief, Locksmith, etc.