counter-attack abiliy? 02/03/2010 01:54 PM CST
Has anyone ever suggested or thought of a counter-attack ability? Say, an automatic attack based on reflex, agility, parry, evasion and weapon skill. I think it would make parry more fun and viable. Should be easier to do with a LE or ME type weapon.
Re: counter-attack abiliy? 02/03/2010 02:04 PM CST
I think it would be neat to maybe include offhand in this as well. Character-A launches an attack with his broadsword at Character-B, who is defending with two dao's. Character-A is successfully parried by the right dao of Character-B and Character-B uses his left hand to make a slice at Character-A. Successful counter-attack.

- Terra
Re: counter-attack abiliy? 02/03/2010 02:08 PM CST
I'd like this to be a parry feat.

just to shamelessly plug some of my old suggestions:

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=11&topic=7&message=2962

http://www.play.net/forums/messages.asp?forum=20&category=11&topic=7&message=3847
Re: counter-attack abiliy? 02/03/2010 02:36 PM CST
I see it as a parry feat, but theoretically it could work for evasion and shield too, though not as well. I like the offhand idea too
Re: counter-attack abiliy? 02/03/2010 02:37 PM CST
I can't remember specific names (Ssra I think?), but I recall hearing a GM discuss ideas for a riposte ability during a Barbarian meeting once. IIRC it actually did have something to do with the Offhand skill.

Keep in mind this was a brainstorming session and not a discussion of current or future development. Honestly, even if it was officially planned at one point, I'm not sure of the status for the "full" implementation of the offhand skill. The original plans for dual wielding and offhand parry and such may be scrapped. With a full magic, lore, and combat rewrite pending I imagine it can't be very high priority.

It has been discussed before, but I definitely think any implementation of this idea sounds cool.

"I hate you so much right now." -GM Armifer
Re: counter-attack abiliy? 04/27/2013 10:32 AM CDT
Sounds like something to be added to a roar. Faced target only damage return upon parry. Possibly give an extra feint or jab on proc.